Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf lessons as a Christmas gift - Dublin

Options
  • 26-11-2015 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I'm sure this gets posted a lot in this forum, but I was wondering if someone could recommend a golf coach for lessons in or around Dublin city? My parents are looking to get me lessons for Christmas and I have no idea where to even start to give them a name to book a group of lessons with. It'd be a plus if you could recommend a coach that teaches in a 'modern' way.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I'm sure this gets posted a lot in this forum, but I was wondering if someone could recommend a golf coach for lessons in or around Dublin city? My parents are looking to get me lessons for Christmas and I have no idea where to even start to give them a name to book a group of lessons with. It'd be a plus if you could recommend a coach that teaches in a 'modern' way.

Don't know what you mean by a "modern" way but if the Templeogue area is accessible for you, Carr Golf at Spawell have a number of teaching pros available and have a good reputation.
    You can check them out and see if any of them are modern enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Gotfoodforphil

First Up wrote: »
    Don't know what you mean by a "modern" way but if the Templeogue area is accessible for you, Carr Golf at Spawell have a number of teaching pros available and have a good reputation.
    You can check them out and see if any of them are modern enough.

Sorry, I mean something along the line of up to date with the new flight laws, maybe using some video capture equipment or trackman or something. I regularly head to Spawell, the problem is I don't know what the difference with the coaches are. Most importantly, I don't want the parents booking 5 lessons and finding out the guy/woman is no good.

Just wanted some feedback on coaches anyone on here were happy with and would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Just wanted some feedback on coaches anyone on here were happy with and would recommend.

Hazel Kavanagh at Spawell gets good reviews but they are all qualified and have the necessary technology available.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

I found Kevin Foy in Stepaside Driving range good and he has all the gear. Check him out on the web... no connection!!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

Can't go wrong with David Lewis - google Wicklow Golf Academy, perfect for xmas lessons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 franknottaken

Had a few lessons with Kevin Foy. Found him very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Looking into lessons for my brother who lives in North Dublin and was wondering if anyone can make any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭meolwan

Looking into lessons for my brother who lives in North Dublin and was wondering if anyone can make any recommendations?

Barry Power in Kinsealy range has a sign up showing 5 lessons for €100 as a Christmas special.
    Don't know what he is like but would be interested to what reviews others have of him as I want to get back into the game.

Advertisement