Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 not reading disks

Options
  • 26-11-2015 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi. My ps4 is reading some games fine but others it says the disk may be dirty (it's not) or upside down (its not). Is there anything I can do or is this fixable. As far as I know it's never taken a knock (kids). Please please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MDwyer

i know this sounds silly but have you def given them a good clean with rubbing alcohol? have you any friends who you could try the discs in

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Yeah it reads some but not others. Weirdly it seems to work better on its side

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MDwyer

strange youd think if the ps was damaged it wouldnt read at all but even so you will probably have no choice but to get it looked at id assume its still under warranty is the ps4 even out a year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

MDwyer wrote: »
    is the ps4 even out a year

2 years last month already, mad isn't it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

sugarman wrote: »
    A warranty is only additional to your consumers rights, under EU law you are covered up to 6years for electrical goods.

Its not under EU law, its under the law in Ireland : Sale of Goods and supply of services Act 1980.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

I'm having the same issue. For me it's dual layered discs that are the problem. I've tried every method suggested online with no luck.

Advertisement