Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adele - 3Arena March 2016 **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

bennyl10 wrote: »

With a ticketmaster account, details already saved, simply a matter of pressig buy, verified visa ****e and done..
    I had all that done, was ready since 8:45 but no luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

PippaChic wrote:
    I had all that done, was ready since 8:45 but no luck

I got the website up at 8.58 on the laptop, wouldn't let me load up the page when I picked the Friday. The page said redirecting until 9.04am and Friday was sold out, I immediately hit Saturday and got two standing which was at 9.06am.

I'd like to see exactly how many tickets actually went on general sale this morning. The Adele site had a presale then 3 had a presale. I think the Point holds about 12000 so it's beyond belief if anything approaching the 24000 tickets sold out in 6 minutes. They said Fleetwood Mac sold out in 45 seconds for the first night.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

kitten_k wrote: »
    I went into ticketmaster in Jervis as I was looking for 6 tickets. I was aware of the 4 tickets person so I brought my mam with me hoping that I would get 4 and she could get two close to my ones.

Before it had even gone on sale they said they were limiting it to two tickets per person!! Which meant that I couldn't get the 6 because there was just two of us.

We eventually got to the top of the queue at 9.55 and asked could we get more than two per person, we were told no. Then a guy behind me with his g/f said he would act as the 3rd person for us. Was delighted! Got 6 seating tickets at €125 each. We are split into 3 groups of two but it's fine we can just meet before and after it.

There was one poor girl there that had been queuing with us since about 8.20 and when she got to the top they wouldn't let her buy just 1 ticket, said they had to bought in twos as they couldn't be left with single tickets! There was also people who when they got to the top wouldn't pay the higher ticket price.

I've never heard anything so ridiculous!! Myself and my husband (mainly him...he gets out more than me:p) buy single tickets regularly. I'd rather go to a gig on my own than go with someone who wasn't as keen on the artist as myself. I think it's disgusting to refuse to sell single tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Whats the trick to getting them on the adele website sale folks? Keep refreshing or wait... I didn't get in until they were sold out last time :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

Mr.S wrote: »
    3 - Avoid premium re-seller sites unless you want to be ripped off

isn't this defamation? you should know better being a mod... if the rest of us say things like this, the mods don't hesitate to pounce on us...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Mr.S wrote: »
    There you go, changed :) My apologies if that offended you............;)

Report button is <<<<<< if you want to bring it up.

eggshells..

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ray7777

Zardoz wrote: »
    Tickets for Adeles gigs in Lisbon are still on sale and the most expensive ticket is 90 euro and standing is only 61 euro .
    Could do worse than fly over for a weekend and make a trip out of it ,it probably wouldn't work out much more than a weekend in Dublin .

Not a bad deal at all. In fact it can work out cheaper than flying to UK to see Adele. Plus warm May weather. Would actually make a nice pressie for other half.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

ray7777 wrote: »
    Tickets for Adeles gigs in Lisbon are still on sale and the most expensive ticket is 90 euro and standing is only 61 euro .
    Could do worse than fly over for a weekend and make a trip out of it ,it probably wouldn't work out much more than a weekend in Dublin .

Not a bad deal at all. In fact it can work out cheaper than flying to UK to see Adele. Plus warm May weather. Would actually make a nice pressie for other half.....

What site do you buy the Portugal gig tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

Hannibal wrote: »
    I got the website up at 8.58 on the laptop, wouldn't let me load up the page when I picked the Friday. The page said redirecting until 9.04am and Friday was sold out, I immediately hit Saturday and got two standing which was at 9.06am.

I'd like to see exactly how many tickets actually went on general sale this morning. The Adele site had a presale then 3 had a presale. I think the Point holds about 12000 so it's beyond belief if anything approaching the 24000 tickets sold out in 6 minutes. They said Fleetwood Mac sold out in 45 seconds for the first night.
    Ah no! I was going to switch to Saturday, but was thinking it would be more popular so would sell out quicker - so persevered with Friday and lost! However, I'm not half as disappointed as I am for missing out on the ELO tickets!

Have a lovely night on Mar 5th :)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

Sunday is the only night left in Lisbon.Thanks for the heads up on that Zardoz, bought two tickets for the sunday night, Christmas Sorted,and it will make a nice weekend to look forward to.

To be honest ,the Uk is the last place I would go to due to a few reasons.
    Firstly the gigs are all seated and secondly sterling is far too strong at the moment ,the top tickets are ~150 euro .
    Much better value going to somewhere with the euro.
    Sunday is the only night left in Lisbon.Thanks for the heads up on that Zardoz, bought two tickets for the sunday night, Christmas Sorted,and it will make a nice weekend to look forward to.

Enjoy ,that will be a lovely trip ,I'm going too !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

On the UK Site for the tickets going on sale in Manchester this morning.
    Pity they didn't do that for the Irish gigs, might have lasted 2 mins more.

Tickets are STRICLTY LIMITED to 4 per household for all dates
    The Name of the customer who places the order will be printed on each ticket for this concert. In order to gain entry to the venue, ticket holders will be asked to present valid photo ID matching the name printed on their ticket. Each ticket purchaser much enter the concert at the same time as his or her guests. Name changes will not be allowed. Failure to bring photo ID that matches the customer name will result in refusal of entry to the show. There will be no exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭spakman

Listen, there is no fecking way its sold out. They have kept back a load to try and sell as VIP and Platinum tickets. With your wife like that, I would ring Ticketmaster and explain. Stranger things have happened. They may still sort you out.

What have you got to lose?

Cheers for that - I think I may have a swap lined up, but if that falls through I'll definitely got in touch with the organisers to try to sort it that way.

To be honest ,the Uk is the last place I would go to due to a few reasons.
    Firstly the gigs are all seated and secondly sterling is far too strong at the moment ,the top tickets are ~150 euro .
    Much better value going to somewhere with the euro.

Enjoy ,that will be a lovely trip ,I'm going too !

Yes thanks Zardoz for the links. Got the tickets already in the post today from ticketmaster, so good to have hard copies as Xmas pressie.
    Funny enough they don't seem to print ticket purchaser name on the ticket like they do here. so seems not the same security measures as other Adele gigs.
    Also just read online 35% of tickets purchased for Lisbon shows are from UK accounts. So definitely as you say works out cheaper for many, than going to UK gig:)

Yes thanks Zardoz for the links. Got the tickets already in the post today from ticketmaster, so good to have hard copies as Xmas pressie.
    Funny enough they don't seem to print ticket purchaser name on the ticket like they do here. so seems not the same security measures as other Adele gigs.
    Also just read online 35% of tickets purchased for Lisbon shows are from UK accounts. So definitely as you say works out cheaper for many, than going to UK gig:)

No worries ray777,will be a nice trip.

I believe that only the Uk gigs have the name on ticket /id requirement ,no other country had that restriction .
    Bit of a half hearted effort implementing the id in the Uk but not bothering elsewhere.

35% of tickets from Uk accounts ,wow ,that is high allright .
    Actually I looked that up and its 35% of Lisbon tickets resold on Ticketbis that are Uk buyers .
    Tickets in the Uk are mad money as it is at face value not to mind the huge amounts touts are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Standing at an Adele concert is likely to be crap ,
    Unless you are in the front third in the 3Arena standing is a joke , Also you have the possibility of a few knobs Beside/In Front of you pissing everyone else off , I think a seated concert with a premium price will be much more enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

TimHorton wrote: »
    Unless you are in the front third in the 3Arena standing is a joke , Also you have the possibility of a few knobs Beside/In Front of you pissing everyone else off , I think a seated concert with a premium price will be much more enjoyable.

There'll be plenty of hunzo's! Always is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Prices are high enough as it is. Reducing the capacity by making it seated only would drive prices even higher and ensure less people saw her.

The knob argument is totally misguided because there as much chance having one next to you while you're seated and at least if you're standing you can move away from them. If you're seated, you can't get away. I've been at many a comedy gig there with bell-ends seated near me and been driven mad throughout the night.

Prices are high enough as it is. Reducing the capacity by making it seated only would drive prices even higher and ensure less people saw her.

The knob argument is totally misguided because there as much chance having one next to you while you're seated and at least if you're standing you can move away from them. If you're seated, you can't get away. I've been at many a comedy gig there with bell-ends seated near me and been driven mad throughout the night.

I have an issue with Knobs entering your private space while standing then they
    go mad and jump all over you , This does not normally happen while seated and if it does just complain and it will be stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I have an issue with Knobs entering your private space while standing then they
    go mad and jump all over you , This does not normally happen while seated and if it does just complain and it will be stopped.

Live music gigs might not be for you

Live music gigs might not be for you

Been to dozens , Adele does not fit with several thousand standing in the 3Arena ,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I was debating whether to try to get standing or seating tickets; I always prefer standing. But could only get seating tickets for Adele and am happy with it. As she has many slow/quiet songs it'd be quiet annoying if there's people around you chatting etc.

I agree , I was Standing at Mumford & Sons the other night and they did a quiet song and appealed for silence ,But all you could hear was chatter & laughing from the 10% who were there standing at the back for a few beers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Hard to believe it's 7 and half years since she played Vicar St. Where does time go.

Hard to believe it's 7 and half years since she played Vicar St. Where does time go.

Yes and her admission that she doesn't really like touring probably made the scramble for tickets even worse. Who knows when (or if) she'll do another one after this.......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Who knows when (or if) she'll do another one after this.......

When someone breaks her heart again so she can write another album. Thats when.

Call me cynical but it seems a bit odd that Adele ,who supposedly hates touring, has added 56 North America concerts .
    It's a little surprising that after a few years absence from playing any concerts, Adele is returning in 2016 with over 100 dates planned across the world and relatively little rest.
    Her last tour, which featured only 51 concerts supporting the 21 album during the year of 2011, was cut short due to a vocal hemorrhage that required surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Call me cynical but it seems a bit odd that Adele ,who supposedly hates touring, has added 56 North America concerts .
    It's a little surprising that after a few years absence from playing any concerts, Adele is returning in 2016 with over 100 dates planned across the world and relatively little rest.
    Her last tour, which featured only 51 concerts supporting the 21 album during the year of 2011, was cut short due to a vocal hemorrhage that required surgery.

Maybe she's just saying f it and make as much much money as she can as quick as she can while she's at her peak and then just reduce or quit touring. Wouldn't surprise me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 The Sceptic

Did people receive their tickets yet from Ticketmaster? I opted for the free postage, usually receive them about a week later, but have received nothing to date....

Advertisement