Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adele - 3Arena March 2016 **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

lpool2k05 wrote: »
    Anyone supporting Adele?

No. Just her

She has a very powerful voice, started strongly, dipped, her inane chatter annoyed me, then finished with a towering crescendo ***

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

mansize wrote: »
    She has a very powerful voice, started strongly, dipped, her inane chatter annoyed me, then finished with a towering crescendo ***

Her setlist is pretty short at only 18 songs so she must chat alot .
    I guess she probably needs to get her breath back after some songs.
    How long was she on stage for ?

Zardoz wrote: »
    Her setlist is pretty short at only 18 songs so she must chat alot .
    I guess she probably needs to get her breath back after some songs.
    How long was she on stage for ?

8-10 so 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Doors: 6.30pm

No Support Act

Adele: 8.00pm Sharp.
    Please note the Bars serving the seated areas of the 3Arena will be closed during the performance, at the Artist’s request.

Oh this will be controversial .
    A concert without drink in Ireland ,what will all the piss heads do now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Oh this will be controversial .
    A concert without drink in Ireland ,what will all the piss heads do now ?

Buy the wine by the bottle! It IS an Adele gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Anyone going tomorrow night is in for a treat. Her voice just soars effortlessly around the Arena and she nails every song.Easily the best voice I have ever heard live and she seems to be genuinely a very nice person.She came on at 8.05 singing hello and as usual with the amount of people late arriving they all missed the first couple of songs so get there early. ..Highlight for me Skyfall and When We Were Young

Hello and Skyfall I loved, I find WWWY too slow and dreary. Rumour has it is her only uptempo song

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

She was fantastic live...I think we should count ourselves lucky to have seen this concert, I'm not sure how long that voice will last, judging by other female singers. Highlights for me were Hello, Sweetest Devotion, Chasing Pavements, Someone Like You, Set Fire to the Rain (amazing!!!), When We Were Young. For once, the crowd was amazing, no drunks falling around, everyone seemed to be a genuine fan. No costume changes, no diva antics, no nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

argentum wrote: »
    Anyone going tomorrow night is in for a treat. Her voice just soars effortlessly around the Arena and she nails every song.Easily the best voice I have ever heard live and she seems to be genuinely a very nice person.She came on at 8.05 singing hello and as usual with the amount of people late arriving they all missed the first couple of songs so get there early. ..Highlight for me Skyfall and When We Were Young

Going tonight so looking forward to it. Roughly what time did it end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Going tonight so looking forward to it. Roughly what time did it end?
    She finished at 10 from what I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Going tonight, really looking forward to it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

FYI just got two standing for tonight on ticketmaster now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

FYI just got two standing for tonight on ticketmaster now.
    Normal price?

She was amazing. What a voice.

She was amazing. What a voice.

Unbelievable voice, I never knew it was so powerful yet controlled.
    She didn't have a note out of place all night.
    The sound was superb, it was like listening to an album it was so good.

Funny lady, I like her laid back attitude, no airs and graces.

I managed to pick up two seated tickets on ticketmaster this afternoon and ended up sitting near bono and Colin farrell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Firstly Adele could not be faulted. She sounded great. A few gripes though. In future I'll try for a seated ticket. The standing area was a nightmare. The constant flow of people brushing into you. The amount of phones been held up to take pictures. But by far the worst experience in the standing area was the constant chatter/yapping. Very hard to make out what Adele was saying between each song. It was great when they had Adele on the big screen so God only knows why they didn't use it for every song.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

You're not immune from the chatter in the seats either. I had to tell a bunch of auld ones behind me to be quite. Normally at a concert people chattering doesn't bother me but because of the type of artist Adele is people talking loudly around you really effects your enjoyment.

Adele was superb. Great voice but I wonder how it will be after 100 concerts? I'm glad we seen her at the start.

Adele was superb. Great voice but I wonder how it will be after 100 concerts? I'm glad we seen her at the start.

That's very true,four concerts a week for the next eight months isn't good for the throat.

No problem with chatter in the vip section, only complaint was a few twits standing up for a few songs and blocking my view.
    It was hard to clearly see the b stage due to the pitch of the seats near the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Firstly Adele could not be faulted. She sounded great. A few gripes though. In future I'll try for a seated ticket. The standing area was a nightmare. The constant flow of people brushing into you. The amount of phones been held up to take pictures. But by far the worst experience in the standing area was the constant chatter/yapping. Very hard to make out what Adele was saying between each song. It was great when they had Adele on the big screen so God only knows why they didn't use it for every song.

The amount of chattering was absolutely ridiculous..... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........ could barely hear her banter between songs, it was really annoying..... Awesome voice though. I've never heard the like........ Adore her and to have been privliged to hear her live is something I won't forget....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Our of curiosity, what songs were people standing for?

I cannot think of any "standing" songs except for Rolling in the Deep where, apparently, she demanded that everyone stood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I just don't get the way most people seemed hellbent on recording every little bit of the show on their phone, essentially watching the show through a tiny screen.
    Plus the phones blocked everyone else's view.

Call me Al wrote: »
    I just don't get the way most people seemed hellbent on recording every little bit of the show on their phone, essentially watching the show through a tiny screen.
    Plus the phones blocked everyone else's view.

When I stick on YouTube and look for a live performance of someone, I've never once seen decent footage from an amateur recording. It's always awful. Any footage I've ever taken from gigs many years ago is borderline unwatchable due to crap picture or abysmal sound. I've never watched them again

People pay big money to see these artists and then watch it through their tiny screen. And when they get home they'll probably never watch it.

It's baffling.

lambayire wrote: »
    Our of curiosity, what songs were people standing for?

I cannot think of any "standing" songs except for Rolling in the Deep where, apparently, she demanded that everyone stood.

The crowd only stood for the last song Rolling in the Deep .

There were a few inconsiderate plonkers who stood up for a few other songs ,notably Set Fire to the Rain.
    Very selfish people ,there were 2 in particular in the second row of seating near me and they blocked alot of peoples views for that song as it was on the B stage.
    I've nothing against standing at a gig but only if most other people are doing it ,otherwise its not acceptable.
    When I stick on YouTube and look for a live performance of someone, I've never once seen decent footage from an amateur recording. It's always awful. Any footage I've ever taken from gigs many years ago is borderline unwatchable due to crap picture or abysmal sound. I've never watched them again

Most clips recorded on a phone will be crap ,as they have no zoom and poor performance in low light.Its a waste of time.
    I usually bring a small Canon camera to gigs with me to record a few short clips.
    20x zoom and excellent video quality .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

25240292539_afba6f3ab3_c.jpg
    Adele, taken on my smartphone
    by Patrick Dinneen, on Flickr

I have to say I didn't have my phone in the air for 1/2 the gig, just took a few quick shots.

I bought tickets for my wife but I extremely enjoyed the gig; stunning voice, great set/stage, enjoyed her banter (really seemed like a normal person), amazing rain.

I thought we had seating tickets but they were in fact standing, which I preferred in the end. No people chattering around us, only a few walking past but not to annoying levels.

It's mind boggling to fathom how much money her tour will take in- 14,000 people last night so about €1 million euros. I presume many venues will have much larger capacity so should be at least €100 million (minus expenses)

Was anyone lucky enough to get a signed programme?

She signed 5 at every gig and they were just among the usual programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Was I the only one waiting for her to set fire to the rain?

She was phenomenal. Absolutely brilliant live. Definitely glad we saw her at beginning of tour as itll be difficult to sustain.

The bar queue before she started was crazy. Guy telling everyone the bar would be closed and to order as much as possible. People were going away with trays each, if you ordered less than a tray they were double checking a few times you had enough. No other country would be so openly encouraging excessive drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I accompanied my wife to the Friday show and I have to say, I enjoyed the show immensely.

My friend however, went the following night with his wife and 2 kids.
    He stated his daughter fainted and while being treated, Adele noticed and allowed her sit on the edge of the stage while she recovered.

Can anyone who went to he Saturday gig verify this?

poundhound wrote: »
    I accompanied my wife to the Friday show and I have to say, I enjoyed the show immensely.

He stated his daughter fainted and while being treated, Adele noticed and allowed her sit on the edge of the stage while she recovered.

A girl did faint on Saturday night and Adele brought her up on stage got her a chair and water. Her brother joined her. Lovely gesture from Adele most artists wouldn't even notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

poundhound wrote: »

Bit of a doubting Thomas? Sounds like your friend might have a history of "spoofs", and you don't believe him. Or maybe I'm reading too much between the lines.

Advertisement