Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adele - 3Arena March 2016 **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

E-mail. I got mine at 10.30pm on Sunday night.

Thanks a mil, found it!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

Standing is 88.50

Pricey! where did you see that? Can just see the price ranges on ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

kwat wrote: »
    Pricey! where did you see that? Can just see the price ranges on ticketmaster?

Someone asked ticketmaster on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Someone asked ticketmaster on twitter.

But there is no standing in Hydro in Glasgow , Are you sure there is in Dublin , I doubt it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

TimHorton wrote: »
    But there is no standing in Hydro in Glasgow , Are you sure there is in Dublin , I doubt it myself

There is standing in Belfast and the seating map for Dublin shows standing .
    This was similar to how U2 sold their standing tickets (must bring booking credit card and ID must match name on booking) but there were ways around it such as changing the card to swipe in (despite saying that it couldn't be done).

And also, the 3Arena staff didn't check one ID.

Yes it seems it was all just an idle threat as one would expect.
    Once Ticketmaster had the money in the bank they couldnt care less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭irishgeo

it would be almost impossible to enforce.

TimHorton wrote: »

Yeah there is standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

irishgeo wrote: »
    it would be almost impossible to enforce.

If they wanted to they could easily stop the touting as they know the gigs will sell out in no time .
    Just announce the gigs at short notice ,maybe a month in advance and make it paperless entry via credit card and id .

• Registered Users Posts: 27 P1nkSheep

This was similar to how U2 sold their standing tickets (must bring booking credit card and ID must match name on booking) but there were ways around it such as changing the card to swipe in (despite saying that it couldn't be done).

And also, the 3Arena staff didn't check one ID.

I didnt have my card for U2 - Im from the UK so brought my euro card instead of my main bank card. Finally allowed into the venue box office area, got told off and asked why i couldnt go home and get it(!), firmly explained why I didnt have it and was allowed in. Less hassle if you are able to take the card you do purchase with!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Is 88.50e definite for standing? Bit steep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Mr.S wrote: »
    On the "touting" measures, a few artists have tried to do this in Dublin venues over the years (names matched with tickets) - Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think any gig enforced this.

For this to truly work, the big promoters, venues and ticketmaster need to work together - rather then just some small print on the TM page, and then no venue enforcing it.

Yep it's been tried for a few gigs but it never works out. Poor announcing, unspecific requirements, non-enforcement mean that at the door, nobody gives a monkeys. For U2 it was 'card used to purchase only, with ID' and as another poster said and others have said to me, they just rang TM and asked them to move it to another card. And the ID check, not one.

Sure for years TM tried to enforce a no-resale policy on tickets, realised they could do f-all about it and then set up their own middle man company raking a fortune off re-sales. And I imagine given the demand for Adele tickets, they're looking at potential margins in the market itself so will have no intention of it.

Plus the potential PR fallout from "X thousand ticket holders forget ID and are refused entry" is far too nasty for them to even try it.

dashdoll wrote: »
    Is 88.50e definite for standing? Bit steep!

I'm just posting what they said.

https://twitter.com/TMIECS/status/671698415127019520

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Would appreciate a pre sale code if there are any going.Looking to buy for xmas present .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Have code for this but just wondering, I looked at ticketmaster website and it says tickets range from 54 to 121, and from twitter seems standing are 88. Now how do I buy tickets that aren't standing, aren't crap up the back miles away from stage and aren't 120 feckin euro a pop.

Ideally I want to spend 80ish on seated, don't want to waste time in morning faffing about mind, any suggestions on the best strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

When you're buying tickets tomorrow, select the seats you want from the selection menu just next to ticket quantity.

The only thing is that depending on demand, you might not have the luxury of taking your time with the booking and checking.

When you choose your seats to search for, you can select by zone and/or by price but be aware that the presales do not necessary provide access to all areas. They might only allocated 10% of all Category A tickets and 10% of standing tickets for example, or they might allocate 0% of Category A, 10% of Category B and 10% of standing; its impossible to know.

Hope that makes sense! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Zardoz wrote: »
    On the SSE Rewards page it says this re tickets for Glasgow

Is this how Adele hopes to combat touting because I cant see it being implemented correctly.
    Looking at Seatwave the scumbag resellers obviously dont think this will stop them reselling tickets for disgusting money.

Is this in force for the Dublin shows also I wonder? Bit of a balls if like me you want to buy tickets as a present.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RobM569

Does anyone have the link for the 3 Presale?

I have my code but can't get the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RobM569

There's usually a specific link posted on the 3Plus website you've to go through and then enter the code.

It's not the standard ticketmaster page that you access through ticketmaster.ie

I know that. I got my code off a friend so was looking for the direct link off the 3Plus website. :)

RobM569 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the link for the 3 Presale?

I have my code but can't get the link!

I need it too. :( oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MartynasUr

I need it too. :( oh well

plus.three.ie/gig/details/428

And just press purchase tickets, also you might need to have a three plus accout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I haven't time to read the whole thread but I just want to know are the tickets being sold by the same way as the U2 gigs; ie paperless ticket and entry by credit card holder only?I am buying them for my sister on my credit card (I am not going myself).
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Is the 3 presale page taking absolutely ages to load for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

yep..........i cant even get onto it :(

got on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Total cod this:"Updating ticket availability for this event in 33 seconds" I am getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

No joy for me so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ray7777

Can anyone send me the purchase link for three?

getting nowhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Yeah, when I saw how hard it was to get onto the page, I didn't even bother. Best of luck to all. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Sorted, get in!

Advertisement