Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Fire in My House

Options
  • 26-11-2015 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I recently moved into my house and there is a gas fire in the house.

It looks like all the pipes are there and connected up so I was wondering what is the process to see if my house is eligible for gas.

I am already an Electric Ireland customer so is there an easy way to get all this checked out?

Thanks!
    Emmet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi there,

Thanks for your interest in registering for gas with Electric Ireland!

As a general guideline, rural areas tend not to be supplied with Gas Networks Ireland gas (so those in rural areas who have a gas supply tend to be using bottled gas). If your new home is in an urban area, it would just be a matter of finding out what the GPRN (gas point reference number) is, which we can do a search for with the address. If we cannot located the GPRN, it would be a matter of contacting the landlord/lady if renting, the property company, or Gas Networks Ireland itself.

Do send us a private message if you wish.

Thanks,
    Una

________

Advertisement