Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

enable reply to ping on eircom router f2000

Options
  • 26-11-2015 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi There
    as the title suggests I need to enable a reply to ping from this modem as a most basic troubleshooting test 
    There is a fixed ip but it will not reply to ping
    No such problems with my vodafone router 
    I realise there may be a theoretical risk to the security of my internal network but google and vodafone dont have a problem with this its my risk and this is for a very quick connectivity test and will be disabled later but not finding the router too friendly
    many Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi There
    as the title suggests I need to enable a reply to ping from this modem as a most basic troubleshooting test 
    There is a fixed ip but it will not reply to ping
    No such problems with my vodafone router 
    I realise there may be a theoretical risk to the security of my internal network but google and vodafone dont have a problem with this its my risk and this is for a very quick connectivity test and will be disabled later but not finding the router too friendly
    many Thanks
    Hi amikoalien2

I'm afraid the best advice I can offer on this topic is to contact eir technical support for advice. You can reach them on free phone 1901 (option 2) or on Instant WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

My indian is not that good 
    so I guess I will post my request for help elsewhere
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

My indian is not that good 
    so I guess I will post my request for help elsewhere
    thanks
    Hi amikoalien2

I would like to clarify that the technical support team is based in Dublin City. You can also reach support via WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow

Al

Advertisement