Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any opinions on this sony 50in android?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

sc86 wrote: »

Just got one, cheaper on Littlewood's &€703. Still playing with the functions, seems to be a problem with the EPG for the satellite.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

why would it have a satellite epg? it doesn't have a satellite tuner does it?

Yes it does have a tuner, that is one of the reasons I bought it, and it works.
    I emailed Sony today and this is the reply i got ;

Dear
    Thank you for contacting Sony support. We are sorry to learn that you are experiencing difficulties receiving EPG information for Satellite channels on your Sony KDL-50W755C.
    In regards to your query, please note that EPG information for Satellite channels is received by the TV as sent by the broadcaster; so this is not related to the TV’s functionality.
    Please provide us with the serial number allocated on the back of the device for registration purposes.
    Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.
    Yours sincerely,
    Sally
    Sony customer support
    Sony Europe Limited

I have replied to that saying my set top box tells me at the very least 'whats on now' and 'whats on next'

so the information is out there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Pepsie

clogher71, You are some how mistaken there, the SONY KDL-50W755C only has a DVB-T2 (digital terrestrial) HD tuner, for over the air/aerial reception & DVB-C (digital cable) for cable TV reception.

That set does not have a 'DVB-S2' Satellite Tuner to receive Satellite channels.
    So it is not at all possible to get the satellite epg

SONY Ireland Technical Specifications list web page,
    https://www.sony.ie/support/en/content/cnt-specs/KDL-50W755C/list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Unless the satellite is supplied by freesat or sky, it will not have a week long epg (just now and next). If you have a Linux box, there's ways around this but the 7 day epgs are currently proprietary to sky and freesat branded boxes and tv sets.

• Advertisement

Sorry guys , I am not a big into technology, but the tv does pick up BBC 1 etc from my free to air satellite, so at least I was expecting 'now and next' function for tv listings, I do understand I will not get a full 7 day guide. Was I missed informed in the shops?

Advertisement