Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Cable Laying in Moylaragh / Balbriggan north

Options
  • 26-11-2015 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Heard from a neighbour that Eircom Eir / KN were out laying cable in the Moylaragh area of Balbriggan today. That area is already 'Fibre-enabled' and as far as I know it's not due for the "Fibre to the Home" launch.

Any ideas what they are laying?

(The neighbour got up in arms at first thinking they were Water meters :))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

According to the map http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ , there's a new FTTC cabinet planned on Hampton Gardens so could be they're laying cables to connect that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The Eir vans have been around the area for the last couple of weeks and the engineers said that they are installing "Faster Broadband". I was curious because the area is already covered by eFibre (100Mbps download). It looks like the town will be part of the Eir Extreme rollout (link). The plan is that it should be live around or before mid-2016.

Hmm. 1Gbps downloads for €87 per month... Can I justify it? ... Must. Resist. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

I see Balbriggan being mentioned on the main b/band forum ... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057315844&page=115
    evidently FTTH that's 1,000mb or 1G has gone live in some part's,good news for some no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

According to the other thread, it's not actually Balbriggan but Balrothery :-(
    I checked a few addresses in the large Balbriggan estated on the Eir Extreme checker and no luck.
    But it looks like it's available in BALRUDDERY WOOD in Balrothery ...

Advertisement