Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook Air 13''

• 26-11-2015 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi there everybody,

I’ve just bought a MacBook Air 13’’ (2015 edition) for Partner and I to use. I’m completely new to Mac (I use other apple products such as the iPhone 6 and the Ipad Air) but have only ever used the old traditional Windows based laptop. I’m not a ‘techy’ by any stretch of the imagination but I do know my basics.

The one thing that scares me a little with the MacBook Air was the low storage; however, I opted for the 256GB option and also have 1TB of Dropbox which I’ll make full use of for storing my documents, photos etc.

I had been considering getting into Mac for a while, mainly down to the fact that the speed and accessibility really appeals to me. I like my word processing, e-mailing etc and it seems like a wonderful machine to work with for those sort of tasks.

I do know that there are other options with Retina display but from the close examination and playing around in store; it seems that this machine meets and exceeds my wishes.

Now I’m stuck in the office for the next few hours so can’t get playing with it and so, I wondered what your thoughts are on this laptop and to get some feedback on your experiences? I’m quite excited. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi there everybody,

I’ve just bought a MacBook Air 13’’ (2015 edition) for Partner and I to use. I’m completely new to Mac (I use other apple products such as the iPhone 6 and the Ipad Air) but have only ever used the old traditional Windows based laptop. I’m not a ‘techy’ by any stretch of the imagination but I do know my basics.

The one thing that scares me a little with the MacBook Air was the low storage; however, I opted for the 256GB option and also have 1TB of Dropbox which I’ll make full use of for storing my documents, photos etc.

I had been considering getting into Mac for a while, mainly down to the fact that the speed and accessibility really appeals to me. I like my word processing, e-mailing etc and it seems like a wonderful machine to work with for those sort of tasks.

I do know that there are other options with Retina display but from the close examination and playing around in store; it seems that this machine meets and exceeds my wishes.

Now I’m stuck in the office for the next few hours so can’t get playing withh it and so, I wondered what your thoughts are on this laptop and to get some feedback on your experiences? I’m quite excited. :)

This forum is for the iDevices.; iPod, iPad, iPhone. There is a Mac forum here; Mac forum. Maybe one of the mods would move it over for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Great machines, and you'll definitely enjoy it. Host as much as possible in the cloud and 256gb won't be an issue. I've a 120gb drive and for most stuff, it's fine. Music is on Apple Music, photos on iCloud Photo Library, and after that it's just documents and stuff.

Advertisement