Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

River Dargle

• 26-11-2015 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Just started working in upper dargle road and been told salmon and trout in the river/ anyone fish there by any chance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

They are there in season, depending upon rain because it's a small stream.

But it's spawning time and closed to fishing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MrTom1

ok cool , havent seen any runs as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jd6210

I fish the dargle further up stream, past the n11, I'm a member of the dargle Anglers club ,it can have a good run of sea trout and fishes very well at night coming down off a flood, salmon are a rarity, it is heavily poached and the work on the river at bray isn't helping matters, it's catch and release only and fly fishing only, if you wanted more info pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MrTom1

yea i work at upper dargle road and office window over looks it , diggers have wrecked the place up here.

i think they will b finished this year, it will be interseting to see what state its left in!

• Advertisement

Any fish on the dargle yet??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭MWforumfisher

jd6210 wrote: »

I was wondering much the same. Don't really know anywhere to get in depth info about the river, have only been told by people that fishing is closed this year in the tidal stretch of the river due to the waterworks, and the upper stretches are club controlled. I would love to find out more about fishing it, have seen sea trout before in Bray Harbour since I was a young young lad and have always dreamt of catching one of them.

jd6210 wrote: »

I was wondering much the same. Don't really know anywhere to get in depth info about the river, have only been told by people that fishing is closed this year in the tidal stretch of the river due to the waterworks, and the upper stretches are club controlled. I would love to find out more about fishing it, have seen sea trout before in Bray Harbour since I was a young young lad and have always dreamt of catching one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Get out, join the club and fish the river only way of getting in depth knowledge of a river..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Hopefully it's just me but the fishing this year in the dargle has been hopeless....
    The worst I have seen...
    danbrosnan wrote: »
    Get out, join the club and fish the river only way of getting in depth knowledge of a river..

• Advertisement

danbrosnan wrote: »

I would but I've heard some questionable things about the dargle anglers...I wouldn't be too keen on joining.

And kingfisher, where do you fish on the dargle? And for what fish?

Advertisement