Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Mid Season Finale | Start to Finish [AMC] [SPOILERS]

• 26-11-2015 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 6

Episode 8 - "Start to Finish"

Airdate - November 29th AMC at 9/8c | November 30th on FOX UK at 9pm

After a few moments of peace, trouble finds its way to Alexandria again with a threat that may be too big to defeat.

The Walking Dead will return February 14th 2016 for Season 6 Part 2.

Promo

Sneak Peek

Sneak Peek 2

How did you rate this episode? 117 votes

0%
    5%
    Potential-MonkeNMBMac BsabhailDakarVert[Deleted User] 6 votes
    11%
    Mr EWashoutBacchusLangerlandAlso Starring LeVar BurtonSideshow MarkcharlietheminxxWinnyThePoojoujoujouNecroRosie RantFlippyfloppyarayessThe Talking Bread 14 votes
    17%
    DVD-Lotsjv2000NUTZZleft_behindGavRedKingZemuppetmojesiusmrbloopSaltybrianregan09suffering golferphobia2011Richie71irishfeenMrBobbyZHotzenplotz[Deleted User]Ctrl Alt DeletestronglikebullThibus 21 votes
    22%
    rtronLa_GordyhusseyduridianChorus_suckLone StoneRob30888Duffclaivaneonmansilvervixen84PirateShampooriceroPaul_Mc1988StaticAge11Princess Peachdr.kenneth noisewaterLionbackerpc7John_D80 26 votes
    23%
    Sanddelly5starpoolgoose06smashbanteeLuckycharms_74Zero-CoolDylanJMNufcNavanrednogginSudden Valleyirish_stevo815Duckworth_Luasdexter647xalotGuffyMonifeCrackleShifty11 27 votes
    11%
    Mr.Nice Guybofskipper_GprincemuzzyTwikitomred1viztopiawillowthewispTony EHpeterobrien100Iang87DubDJdeadybai 13 votes
    5%
    KurnUnearthlyobriendjnaughtoLetsdoitmickoneill31 6 votes
    1%
    ShamoD9Male 2 votes
    1%
    NecronomiconGopi 2 votes

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Is this a normal length episode or extended?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

5starpool wrote: »
    Is this a normal length episode or extended?

Just a regular length episode, 60 minutes including commercials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just saw on Faceache that there is an end of credits scene in this episode so don't switch off til the very end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Just saw on Faceache that there is an end of credits scene in this episode so don't switch off til the very end.

nice 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

So any predictions on who's gonna bit the dust?. Thinking maybe Enid. Will help and then get devoured. Deanna perhaps. Can't see any of the big cast members going.

• Advertisement

That episode really really needed an extra 15 minutes. Maggie, Glenn and Enid needed another scene between them, and the other Alexandrians such as Eric, Aaron and Spencer should have been accounted for but to say I'm happy with the episode is very much an understatement.

Deanna's scenes were great and I just love how she went out. Such a pity to lose her. Would have liked to see more walker action perhaps but I imagine the next episode will be non stop action now.

Positives: Deannas performance
    : The Wolf's creepy personality. Actor is great. All he has to do is smile (loose term) and he comes across as deranged
    : Creepy scene at the start with the cookie and the ants and the continual use of Tiptoe Thru The Tulips throughout
    : Redemption of Fr. Gabriel. Good to see him and Rick find common ground
    :That scene of Maggie trying to get up to the lookout spot. Very well shot
    : Michonne being developed more as a character after that Deanna scene. To get Michonne to cry is harder than to escape under a skip with hundreds of walkers surrounding you
    : That last scene after the credits, in particular the very last line..
    : The slo mo final scene. Captured the situation they were in perfectly
    : The actor that plays little Sam (not the character himself!)
    : The walker make up and aesthetics. Perfect as always.
    : Carl and Carol.............badasses.
    : The scene where we think Deanna has turned and is after Judith
    : Eugene reading the book!

Negatives: I'm disappointed in Morgan. It makes me so sad, we wanted him back for so long and he's almost became intolerable.
    : Ron is a pathetic oddball.
    : The scenes with Eugene, Tara and Rosita: particularly the manner in which the three just burst in at the end. Surely after hearing all the commotion they would have approached the cell more cautiosly
    : Jessie, she just bores me and is only a liability
    : The fact the house seems to have no backdoor???
    : Glenn and Enids participation in the episode. How many times does he have to use that cliche sort of guilt trip speech to convince Enid.
    : Rick et al not putting a muzzle on Sam.
    Carol decides a walker invasion is the right time to play 'whose dick is bigger?' with Morgan.
    :Carl and Ron think a walker invasion is the perfect time to work out their teenage angst.

: Morgan smashing a woman against a concrete floor just to save a psycho wolf.

8.5/10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Just for anyone who was watching it online afterwards and didn't get to see the extra final scene I've put it in this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Really thought early on they were going to kill Glenn,
    in the way they killed poor auld Beth last year, (missing for ages, then one they find him, he'd die).
    Very happy to be wrong.

And hoped Deanna as a walker would tear in to Ron's little brother when they were upstairs alone.
    Unhappy that didn't happen.

I didn't get seeing the Neegan scene until now, so was disappointed that Daryl, Abraham and Sasha weren't featured in the episode as I watched.

Solid episode but was thought there was too many mini stories on the go with the people split up in Alexandria,
    and as Talking Bread said a bit more of Glenn-Maggie-Enyd would have been good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

What's the bets Sam has a freakout and draws the walkers on them? It's not his fault though. He's still a young kid who has been protected from walkers since the beginning. Why didn't his mother go to him when the **** hit the fan and everyone was hiding up stairs. Then didn't explain what was happening (and considering how upstairs was his safe space you think the mother would'e thought this might upset him) and he only found out they would be playing "monster" when he saw everyone dressed up, I don't think it'll be surprising if he looses it when surrounded by walkers.

Gotta say.. somewhat disappointing midseason, really. It was getting pretty good last season and now it really does feel like we've gone back to previous seasons. First it was Carol's whiny kid and now we have two new angsty kids, that you just know are going to be annoying as hell as the show progresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Poll added.

Anyone notice this walker at the start!!! I just thought he was one of the best ones ive seen! Also loved the effects of the walkers impailed by parts of the fallen tower

9BNLHfVDufex.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the michonne diana bit was bit tacked on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    What's the bets Sam has a freakout and draws the walkers on them? It's not his fault though. He's still a young kid who has been protected from walkers since the beginning. Why didn't his mother go to him when the **** hit the fan and everyone was hiding up stairs. Then didn't explain what was happening (and considering how upstairs was his safe space you think the mother would'e thought this might upset him) and he only found out they would be playing "monster" when he saw everyone dressed up, I don't think it'll be surprising if he looses it when surrounded by walkers.

Em, he did freak out at the end? Saying 'mom......mom!!!!' And you could hear the walkers starting to snarl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

dVuEq4JrQA2FKc81Arfk_3102242.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,126 ✭✭✭✭Penn

TWD really needs to get rid of a bunch of characters, it's becoming far too bloated.

Rosita, Gabriel, Sasha, Other Rosita, Abraham and pretty much all the Alexandrians apart from maybe Blondie and Heath could be easily gotten rid of.

I really do like Abraham, but with Daryl and Glenn, Rick doesn't need a third right-hand man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hope they get rid of that stupid little kid, and if Rick wants to kill Morgan for being a spineless little sh1t, that'd make me happy.

No room for cowards in The Walking Dead. Get rid of Morgan and Eugene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i hope after negan they end the show and every one dies. its just to repetitive at this stage. On that note liked the episode agree with every one to bloated to many characters feel a bit miffed how it ended just walking off into the zombies, i was like what its over ! didnt see the end credits part till now, they really should stop putting things like that after the fecking credits. I really wish instead of that poxy morgan and dull as dust episode following it we had an extended mid season finally. sigh.

I like carol but that to me she was out of character for her she's usually the level headed cold thinker that was a bit nonsensical and erratic for her and after this long waiting for a good morgan arc they really just demolished any interest in that character what a god awful jarring character he turned out to be. The anoying thing about it is, if say they gave him a baseball bat and he liked bashing **** with a bat instead of a kung fu master monkey magic ****e it would be far more easy to buy into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

What a fool Morgan is. i hope hey kick him out of the town. He's saved a life of a wolf that has now escaped with guns and the only medic. Overall as a Mid-season finale it felt a bit underwhelming. I'm just a bit annoyed that they've stayed so long in this town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Finished on a damp squib IMO. As someone mentioned above, the episode could have really done with an extra 15 minutes - particularly when episodes (I'm looking at you, Morgan back-story) that were in less need of them were extended.

• Advertisement

I really enjoyed the Morgan episode but the fact is its main legacy is that it has deprived us of a necessary extra fifteen/twenty minutes on this weeks episode. Very important to show what drove Morgan to completely change his values but could and should have been wrapped up in the normal 40 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Thought that was an excellent finale - 8.5/10

Do agree that the show has become very bloated with regards story lines and characters but its TWD so they could wipe out a lash of them in one episode if they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

It's going to be one of the best if not THE best seasons when it's finished next year. When all the threads of the story are woven together it will be such an Ahaaa ?!!?. I thought it was a great episode. Eugene picking the lock in one swift move should demonstrate his usefulness and extraordinary unrevealed skillset. Morgan is a walking conscience and he makes that reverend look less spiritual and truly useless every time he waves his stick around. The wolf god he's evil personified. Carol is justice swift and with no mercy.

The scene with Carl the fight and then the house filling with the undead, jaysus I thought Carl was gonna be grabbed in front of that window. The tension they created phew.

The zombies were brilliant !! they were choreographed fantastically. I was feeling the stress when Maggie was trying to get onto the platform it was so real. They did an amazing job.

The cookie and the ants....was poetic such a TWD thing to do. The kid and the tulips.... why did no one switch the record player off ? All day I've had that stupid tune in my head.

Great mid season finale great season I'm loving it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

have we seen the last of dianne? missed where she was bitten btw, thought she fell on a blade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

That was a bit of a nothing episode. But the after credits scene made up for it. NEGAN!!! So excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Who was carrying the little kid out at the end and how did they stop a toddler from bawling it's head off while covered in a blood covered cloth

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Who was carrying the little kid out at the end and how did they stop a toddler from bawling it's head off while covered in a blood covered cloth
    I don't have children but I presume they don't cry all of the time?? :)

Carl, under his poncho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Most underwhelming season ever.

Wish they would kill off te annoying kids/teenagers.

I liked Morgan but now I'd be happy to see him die, he has no common sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,210 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Because unlike every other child/teenager on this show, Judith isn't an annoying asshole.

Advertisement