Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friend has issue with ssn?

Options
  • 26-11-2015 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi all friend got to toronto last week, went get ssn and they said was a issue go back get it fixed, can she or does she have go back to airport get it fixed could be something to do with her name, will airport let her back to immigration to sort it out or what should she do thanks?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Hi all friend got to toronto last week, went get sin and they said was a issue go back get it fixed, can she or does she have go back to airport get it fixed could be something to do with her name, will airport let her back to immigration to sort it out or what should she do thanks?

Eh?

What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

MarkR wrote: »
    Eh?

What are you talking about?

you really just post that, you know what a sin number is and how somebody gets one you know the process, im asking a simple question, my friend went to get her sin number at the city hall they couldnt process it for her and told her go back to immigration, im asking a simple question does she go back to airport where she arrived to get it sorted or can she go back will they let her through to them to sort it out not that hard to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

umm, nope we have no idea what a "sin" number is.

Your friend should go to a local immigration office and get what she needs from them. This is probably not the airport. A police station will know where to go for immigration advice. If they don't do it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

I had a problem with my sin number last March and it turned out that the immigration officer had made some mistake when entering my details in the system. I was unable to get a sin number the next day but the guy that was to issue me the sin sent a memo to head office which is on the east coast somewhere and I received my sin about 10 days later.

sorry ssn a sin for oz but same thing sorry, your ssn for working she went to get that and they couldnt give it to her, so im guessing she has go back to aiport and advise them they made some mistake on their end and they need to fix it, will airport let her back to immigration tho to do it im wondering

• Advertisement

sorry ssn a sin for oz but same thing sorry, your ssn for working she went to get that and they couldnt give it to her, so im guessing she has go back to aiport and advise them they made some mistake on their end and they need to fix it, will airport let her back to immigration tho to do it im wondering

Why doesn't your friend contact the CIC, there are offices outside of the airport.
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp

or phone them and find out for herself what she needs to do, where she needs to go. They know, it's their job, they will tell her.
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 30 CarolynSmith

I was wondering what you meant by your friend getting sin! Glad you clarified..

Why doesn't your friend contact the CIC, there are offices outside of the airport.
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp

or phone them and find out for herself what she needs to do, where she needs to go. They know, it's their job, they will tell her.
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

its a mistake at immigration they cic wont do anything as her application entry form already done you see

its a mistake at immigration they cic wont do anything as her application entry form already done you see

No I don't.

If it's a mistake, she needs to bring it up with them and explain what the mistake is. The airport immigration deals with people coming in, once you're in...go directly to cic, maybe an Irish embassy could help.

No I don't.

If it's a mistake, she needs to bring it up with them and explain what the mistake is. The airport immigration deals with people coming in, once you're in...go directly to cic, maybe an Irish embassy could help.

but its immigration give you your visa and enter information to match up to get your ssn no?

• Advertisement

but its immigration give you your visa and enter information to match up to get your ssn no?

yeah, but you said the immigration (the cic) isn't helping. (which I don't believe).
    If they're not helping an embassy might know who to contact.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

you really just post that, you know what a sin number is and how somebody gets one you know the process, im asking a simple question, my friend went to get her sin number at the city hall they couldnt process it for her and told her go back to immigration, im asking a simple question does she go back to airport where she arrived to get it sorted or can she go back will they let her through to them to sort it out not that hard to understand.

Nope, I didn't. I actually thought this was about Sin in canada. Despite my masterful use of "Eh?", I'm not actually Canadian.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

What did Service Canada say the problem was? That would be a good place to start.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

umm, nope we have no idea what a "sin" number is.
    MarkR wrote: »
    Nope, I didn't. I actually thought this was about Sin in canada. Despite my masterful use of "Eh?", I'm not actually Canadian.

:confused:

A SIN is the correct term. It stands for Social Insurance Number. I really doubt you couldn't figure that out yourselves.

Faith wrote: »
    :confused:

A SIN is the correct term. It stands for Social Insurance Number. I really doubt you couldn't figure that out yourselves.

Obviously, I couldn't.
    We don't have a social insurance number.
    I'd have never worked that out.

but in my defence I was on the spirituality forum just before hand :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Obviously, I couldn't.
    We don't have a social insurance number.
    I'd have never worked that out.

but in my defence I was on the spirituality forum just before hand :P

I'm not being snarky when I ask this, but you know you're in the Canada forum, right? If you're working in, or have previously worked in, Canada, you'd know what a SIN is because you'd have had to get one yourself.

Unless this thread was moved from a different forum without the mod leaving a note. Then this confusion would make sense!

Hey she got sorted thanks, its a strange one but when she went through airport they got sin for her posted it to where she was staying she didnt have to go to service ontario to get it never knew could be done that way learn something new every day ha.bit stupid tho they didnt know she already got one when she went in like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement