Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree

Options
  • 26-11-2015 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi,

I am wondering does anybody know any regulations or documents regarding the permitted distances from a manhole and a tree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

horsebox7 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am wondering does anybody know any regulations or documents regarding the permitted distances from a manhole and a tree?

Common sense ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

Hi,

Common sense ???

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭horsebox7

Thanks. There is a tree outside my house and right next to it is a drainage manhole. I am concerned the roots may damage it and possibly cause flooding at some stage. Roots have already pulled up the footpath and cracked my neighbours wall in 2 places. I contaced the local council about it but they don't consider it to be an issue. If damage is done to my property would I be entitled to any compensation?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Thanks. There is a tree outside my house and right next to it is a drainage manhole. I am concerned the roots may damage it and possibly cause flooding at some stage. Roots have already pulled up the footpath and cracked my neighbours wall in 2 places. I contaced the local council about it but they don't consider it to be an issue. If damage is done to my property would I be entitled to any compensation?

Are the tree and manhole on your own property?

Advertisement