Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

After 5 years ive retired my mx518

• 26-11-2015 6:10pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Within these 5 years I tried other mice but none felt as good as the 518.
    For a while now ive expected it to die on me and contemplated what ill get when it does happen.
    Well finally its happened and ironically its called the final mouse.
    Praised by many a pro cs,dota,lol player I never believed it to be as good as they say but wow it is just awesome.
    Instantly it felt really close to the 518 in my hand but also instantly the increase accuracy and precision was hugely evident.
    I'm not overly fond of the shoulder buttons but everything else is great, so similar to the 518 in the hand yet so much more accurate and precise.
    No drivers just plug and play and raw performance.
    Highly recommended for the many a 518 owner we have here on boards :)
    Ive definitely noticed my aim in fps games to be improved after the switch.
    Previous to that I also noted a big change in my aim when I moved to a 144hz gsync monitor.

http://www.finalmouse.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I was the same....I had the Logitech Mx510 for years, then onto the Mx518.
    The last 3 years I've been using the Logitech G5.
    I had grown accustomed to the feel of that mouse (510/518) and it's shape in my hand, and the G5 is nearly the exact same...but better.

If you're upgrading, just go for the G5, you'll like it if you liked the 518. Trust me, I was exactly the same as you :)
    You can see how similar they are, so it won't be a huge adjustment or step out of your comfort zone :)

btn.jpg
    41BQVE1SXZL._SY300_.jpg
    08_logitech_g5_vid_left.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

We will hold a minutes silence in our Teamspeak tonight in honour of our fallen 510 & 518 comrades .

I took almost the same route as Sean ..... 510 , 518 , 518 ........ months of crying ........ G502 .

I would say I'm happy out with the 502 , but I'm also old now and gone from anything resembling twitch shooting . The odd bit of BF4 now and again but mainly Elite:Dangerous ............... now I worry about my Thrustmaster Hotas .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

My 518 had been going for 7 years when I replaced it last year. I downgraded to something cheap, instantly regretted it. I bought a roccat kone the other week. Fabulous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

The G502 is on a lightening deal at the moment seem to be going quick. I picked one up to replace the 8 Euro Revoltek mouse I've had for about three years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Been using a G502 for a good while now. Best sensor ive ever used. Also the driver is really good at removing mouse acceleration. Not sure how that works but it does.

One thing to keep in mind though is its quite a small mouse,anyone who has large hands will not be able to use palm grip with it. Took quite awhile to adjust to it comimg from a G400,which happens to have been inspired by the MX518.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

Do they still make the mx518?

If I went to e-bay, would the ones for sale likely to be hammered to s*it?

Advertisement