Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train to develop mobile apps.

Options
  • 26-11-2015 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi Everybody, I was wondering does anyone know a good course where i can train to develop mobile apps and just to let you know, i have no experience in this field at all. Thanks in advance. Ps if it was at night as im working.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

cartridge wrote: »
    Hi Everybody, I was wondering does anyone know a good course where i can train to develop mobile apps and just to let you know, i have no experience in this field at all. Thanks in advance. Ps if it was at night as im working.

You won't learn how to do it in a shed full of cattle anyway, wrong forum I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I'm out of programming awhile but try learning some html and javascript

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Moved to Software and Web Development/ Mobile Apps

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

cartridge wrote:

There are loads of websites that let you put together mobile apps online very easily but the problem is, what exactly are you trying to do. An app has to have a purpose, and learning about the purpose is the real problem. E.g. you could easily put together a betting app for paddy power online, but how do you learn betting logic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

kevthegaff wrote: »
    I'm out of programming awhile but try learning some html and javascript

But he wants to develop apps. Not websites.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

Depends on your skill level and what path you want to take to learning.
    If you've done a bit of programming before you could start with the NewBoston
    https://www.thenewboston.com/videos.php?cat=278

If you are totally new to programming then have a look as the cs50 course from Harvard on edx

https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-computer-science-harvardx-cs50x

smash wrote:
    But he wants to develop apps. Not websites.

Phonegap and Cordova apps are based on html and JavaScript

Phonegap and Cordova apps are based on html and JavaScript
    They create 'apps' using HTML wrappers. They're just mini websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cartridge

Thanks for your feedback and sorry if its posted in the wrong forum, im new to boards.ie and really dont know what im doing yet.

smash wrote:

The idea is not to create 'mini websites'. There's a bit more to it than just applying a small screen size CSS layout....

Check out untappd for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Dave0JV

The new Boston is where I learned android so I'd have to endorse that recommendation by the Cuban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 RianF2

Udemy have a range of courses across multiple fields. Hint: the paid courses are better quality than free ones. They're generally cheap enough though (say 50 euro).

The idea is not to create 'mini websites'. There's a bit more to it than just applying a small screen size CSS layout....

Check out untappd for example.
    And this is why you shouldn't use Phonegap and Cordova.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

smash wrote: »

In fairness, they might be 'mini websites' but they also have access to the local APIs for the device which gives them much more power.

Advertisement