Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green card question

Options
  • 26-11-2015 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭

My husband is currently working in the U.S on an O-1 visa. I have an O-3 which means I can stay here with him indefinitely but am not entitled to work or to apply for a social security number.

His company have now offered him a new position and will sponsor him for a green card. Does this mean that I will also be eligible for permanent residency? I've been looking online but its a bit confusing. It seems I may have to wait quite a while but that's ok as long as I don't have to leave the country. I think the visa I'm on now allows me to change status without leaving?

I know there are some knowledgable posters on these things around here! Does anyone on here know the process?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Yes, as the legally married spouse, if his work gets him a work-related greencard, you and any minor children get one too.

Advertisement