Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Cox Live Show | Olympia Theatre | Nov 19th 2016

Options
  • 26-11-2015 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

Professor Brian Cox is coming to Dublin & Belfast with his live show next year

If you're an avid watcher of the likes of BBC's Wonders of the Solar System and basically anything they broadcast that's related to space and astrophysics, you'll probably be a fan of Professor Brian Cox.

In that case, you'll also probably be very pleased to hear that he's taking his show out on the road next year, with stop-offs in Dublin and Belfast.

The show will see Cox testing "the limits of our knowledge and make highly complex ideas accessible to all", and will include an interview segment hosted by Robin Ince.

Cox will bend your mind at the Olympia Theatre on November 19th and Belfast's Waterfront Hall on November 23rd. Yes, it's a long way away - but time is just a construct of human perception, maaaaan, etc.

Tickets for both shows are on sale from usual outlets this Monday, November 30th at 10am and cost from €35.50/£33.

Link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Thanks, Brian is fantastic !
    But...we are on the 27th,how can we buy tickets on 30th November for a show on the 19th November !? Time bend / travel here... fascinating... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭SeanPuddin_

Future Brian Cox will be along shortly to explain all in a sexy but approachable manner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

rolion wrote: »
    we are on the 27th,how can we buy tickets on 30th November for a show on the 19th November

its 2016 ffs :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭ps200306

Gotta be kidding. Over thirty quid to see Dr. Sexy live??? Has D:Ream reformed or summ'at? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Wow I guess everyone missed '2016' in the title! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭ps200306

Speaking of mixing your dates up, the following appears in this months Viz magazine ( - yes I realise it's not exactly Nature :pac: ):

nV0YOVU.png

Far be it from me to question the great Dr. Cox ... but has he got this wrong, and his correspondent got it right? In the Twins Paradox, it's the travelling twin who comes back to find that everyone on earth is old and wrinkly while he has aged but a little. So, contra Coxy, if you put your wine on the spaceship it comes back younger than if you had just left it alone? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

ps200306 wrote: »
    Far be it from me to question the great Dr. Cox ... but has he got this wrong, and his correspondent got it right? In the Twins Paradox, it's the travelling twin who comes back to find that everyone on earth is old and wrinkly while he has aged but a little. So, contra Coxy, if you put your wine on the spaceship it comes back younger than if you had just left it alone? :confused:

Yes, it's the wine that would need to stay on earth

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

If anybody knows where I might get a ticket for myself, I would appreciate it! Would love to goto this ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Tickets available on ticket master for May 2017 in Belfast and Dublin (3Arena) - think of all the exciting new stuff he will have to talk about at that gig! :)

Advertisement