Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merry Thanksgiving or is it Happy thanksgiving?

Options
  • 26-11-2015 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

What is everyone up to?

The wife is working today (she was rostered off but volunteered so more of her american colleagues could get off).

I on the other hand am thankful for the 2 extra days off work where I can catch up on netflix

Comments

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Just back from a long walk up and down Ocean Beach, fab morning out there.

Just chillin' and thinking about dinner options now...

Enjoy the long weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I just ate some Roast Turkey and Special Stuffing crisps (I'm not kidding) to mark the occasion. God, they were bloody disgusting ! :(

Anyone doing the mall thang tomorrow....or later this evening if you are a Wal-Mart shopper? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Just back from a long walk up and down Ocean Beach, fab morning out there.

Just chillin' and thinking about dinner options now...

Enjoy the long weekend

Uh....i probably passed you :) I walked from our house, through the park and right down to the beach, up to the Cliff House then I cheated and took an Uber home....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Happy Thanksgiving!
    My American husband "does it by the book"- turkey, stuffing, (bought) pumpkin pie and football.
    I am a vegetarian so having falaffal burgers, and I have to do some work today as I do paid petsitting and it is our busy time.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Anyone doing the mall thang tomorrow....or later this evening if you are a Wal-Mart shopper? :rolleyes:

Nah, don't think I have the stamina for it! Plus I'm a 70/30 Dub/Californi'er and getting paid in €€€ these days so with exchange rate where it is, no bargains for me. Could be my own lack of interest but it doesn't seem to be as big this year?

• Advertisement

Uh....i probably passed you :) I walked from our house, through the park and right down to the beach, up to the Cliff House then I cheated and took an Uber home....

Hilarious… I'm sure you did! We walked from a Java Beach breakfast on Judah to Lands End then back via beach to Sloat/L back downtown! I think I got sunburnt :D

I'be been staying in Embarcadero for the past few weeks, but heading back to Dublin Sunday. Mornings like this and thinking of Dublin's November grey I'm wondering if I need to rebalance my US/Ireland split a bit better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Hilarious… I'm sure you did! We walked from a Java Beach breakfast on Judah to Lands End then back via beach to Sloat/L back downtown! I think I got sunburnt :D

I'be been staying in Embarcadero for the past few weeks, but heading back to Dublin Sunday. Mornings like this and thinking of Dublin's November grey I'm wondering if I need to rebalance my US/Ireland split a bit better!

Have you ever been to trouble coffee on Judah (between 45th/46th - just up from Java Beach) - one of the best coffee's you can get in the Outer Sunset. The woman that owns it is was profiled on This American life. I'm lucky, I have Snowbird coffee in the Inner Sunset 3 blocks from where we live.

That was quite the walk! If I'm feeling energetic i do Judah->sloat and back, and take the N back.

Have you ever been to trouble coffee on Judah (between 45th/46th - just up from Java Beach) - one of the best coffee's you can get in the Outer Sunset. The woman that owns it is was profiled on This American life. I'm lucky, I have Snowbird coffee in the Inner Sunset 3 blocks from where we live.

Never - thanks for the tip. But kind of internet-coincidence-spooky as I had lunch in Outerlands just last week! Will def check it out and the podcast/TAL background. What I love about San Francisco is that despite all the change, it somehow still has all kinds of characters and stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

Currently have MiL, FiL and BiL staying with us in our small one bed apartment in NYC. It's a little cozy.

We had a great day yesterday though, no dinner or football but lots of fun wandering around town before an Italian restaurant for dinner and a Broadway show. We're just enjoying the long weekend relaxing and showing the in-laws around our new life in NYC, here is a whole other branch of the family staying in a hotel, it's a great time for family and there isn't a single gift involved.

We'll be doing the full trad thanksgivinnext year I think, I'm
    Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Spent 3 days in Vegas. Mojitos, beer and a little gambling.

It was good fun. Last year, I drove up the Pacific coast highway. Not really caring about the holiday has it's benefits. Hotels are pretty cheap in a lot of places for those two days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement