Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New user - Posting links and images?

Options
  • 26-11-2015 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know when a new user can post a link or image? I have seen in other posts that you need 50 posts under your belt but i think this is my 55th and i still cant post either images or links? any advice?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

25 posts and a member for 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Roadhawk

ah that's where it has me...i'm only a member since 19th Nov 3 days to go. Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

That's a nuisance. I was notified of the 25 days bit when I registered but NOT the 10 days. That's way ott, I'm all against cutting out spammers but no need for the 10 days.

I couldn't find that rule anywhere on the site?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

It's in this very forum, at point #8 on this thread.
    I couldn't find that rule anywhere on the site?

I tried replying to your post Shield but it wouldn't allow me as you had a link in your post.

Anyway, Point 8 in that thread only refers to signatures. Point 9 refers to links but does not mention requiring 10 days. Point 10 finally mentions it in the very last line.

The welcome message I got when I subscribed only said about the 25 posts. It had no mention about the 10 days. It's pretty messy and a bit laughable that a new user has to search to a specific point in a specific thread in a specific forum for this information when it could just as easily have been included with the 25-posts rule in my welcome message. Maybe an omission to rectify for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Point #8 says:

8. What is a signature? How can I get one? Why can't I see other people's signatures?
    A signature contains information that you want to include at the bottom of all your posts. This might include pictures, links to your site(s), quotes, etc. You can have a signature only after you have 25 posts, and after your account has been active for more than 10 days.

Shield wrote: »
    Point #8 says:

8. What is a signature? How can I get one? Why can't I see other people's signatures?
    A signature contains information that you want to include at the bottom of all your posts. This might include pictures, links to your site(s), quotes, etc. You can have a signature only after you have 25 posts, and after your account has been active for more than 10 days.

I know, but I'm interested in posting links and attaching images.

Only another week to wait and you'll be able to.
    I know, but I'm interested in posting links and attaching images.

Shield wrote: »
    Only another week to wait and you'll be able to.

Yes, I know, but I'm not sure if you get my point. Why not state the 10-day rule in the welcome message? Some constructive feedback for boards.ie.

I'm not Boards.ie Limited staff, but at a guess, because if we included every rule in the welcome message, nobody would read it?
    Yes, I know, but I'm not sure if you get my point. Why not state the 10-day rule in the welcome message? Some constructive feedback for boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Sorry for bumping this thread but can anyone tell me how I can remove images I have uploaded on a thread ? Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ja1986 wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping this thread but can anyone tell me how I can remove images I have uploaded on a thread ? Thanks

It depends upon when they were added. If it's been more than 48 hours, it's too late to edit your post. At that point you'll need to ask a mod to do so.

Advertisement