Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glitzgirl goes to the Late Late Toy Show !

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

And some of the money they paid was going towards charity.

Glitzgirl - thanks for bringing us along on the ride with you! Great trip report/insider information.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What a great thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

amdublin wrote: »
    And some of the money they paid was going towards charity.

Glitzgirl - thanks for bringing us along on the ride with you! Great trip report/insider information.

Yup 2€ from every jumper goes to charity! :)

Loughc wrote: »
    What a great thread!

Thanks Loughc had a great time writing it glad everyone enjoyed reading it ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Finally getting to watch it today, woke up from a snooze just as it started.. Ohh I'm loving this rapping farmer, tis great much better than previous years maybe they are finally getting it right.... thanks yes glitz for all the information

• Advertisement

OMG did I just see you are ye right in the front

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Delighted that you had such a good time.

Milly33 wrote: »
    OMG did I just see you are ye right in the front

We pop up on it a few times ! We were in the centre block 3rd rob from the stage

I'm beside the only guy in this snap the guy is Mr glitzgirl and I'm beside him on the left as you look at it !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

How many times have you watched it since? :D

Did anything happen on screen that you missed live?

Did anything happen live that you were surprised wasn't seen on tv?

Yes I saw you so exciting knowing that I know someone who actually went to the toy show (I know we have never met but you know what I mean haha)

• Advertisement

Its like twenty questions now, am I correct in thinking that most of the group songs weren't done live, like the girls singing with the trad boys and irish dancers they were defo mimining...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Its like twenty questions now,

Twenty thousand questions :D

Whispered wrote: »
    How many times have you watched it since? :D

Did anything happen on screen that you missed live?

Did anything happen live that you were surprised wasn't seen on tv?

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet :( between people calling over and trying to put up the tree it's chaos here at min buy i have it recorded!

At the actual show it was very hard to tell what was being streamed live as the monitors in front of us had a screen per camera so they were editing clips the wole way through the night.!

The only thing we couldn't see was the actual opening as we had a leaf over our heads ! I helped in the show lol :);) we were told to stay covered until we heard Ryan sing then we could take them down :)

No there was no major surprises I was surprised of the level of activity that does on directly behind the cameras and between the audience it's amazing ! I'll be watching the show next year now and thinking I wonder is Kim there telling Ryan to move along !

Its like twenty questions now, am I correct in thinking that most of the group songs weren't done live, like the girls singing with the trad boys and irish dancers they were defo mimining...

No actually everything was live the only thing that was pre recorded was the details about the competition. All the singing was live and dancing was live you may not have been able to hear it on telly but one or two incidents where the mics were slow to turn on on some people so def all live :)

Whispered wrote: »
    Twenty thousand questions :D

Lol ask away because I'd b doing the same thing if it was someone else who had gone :)

thank you ah maybe it was just the delay so on things

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

There was a few instances of when the mike was slow to turn off, my wife and I definitely heard someone that sounded like Tubbers saying "****e" at least once!
    Glad you enjoyed it.
    You were added to the list of times to drink during the show so any time you and Mr glitz popped up I would point you out to my wife, by the end I was gettin funny looks from her.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

you lucky duck:)
    I am so glad you enjoyed it.

gumbo1 wrote: »
    There was a few instances of when the mike was slow to turn off, my wife and I definitely heard someone that sounded like Tubbers saying "****e" at least once!
    Glad you enjoyed it.
    You were added to the list of times to drink during the show so any time you and Mr glitz popped up I would point you out to my wife, by the end I was gettin funny looks from her.

Yea I watched it last night and we did pop up a fair few times haha you'd be fairly tipsy at the end of it lol :)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    you lucky duck:)
    I am so glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks moonbeam ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    He had the same care free enthusiasm that he has on camera but a bit less child friendly !

For a minute there I read this as if he was mean to the kids off camera and I was shocked. I'm usually highly critical of Tub's presenting skill as I think he's an awful chat show host. But I do think he is the most natural of the three LLS hosts with the kids as he seems to enjoy their company much more and he seems to do his best to have fun and mess about with the kids. By all accounts he's also a lovely person and goes out of his way to be nice to fans, so the thought of him being dismissive of them off camera was disappointing.:eek::(

Then I read on and realised he's more of a toned down Bob Sagat and all was ok again.:D

iguana wrote: »
    For a minute there I read this as if he was mean to the kids off camera and I was shocked. I'm usually highly critical of Tub's presenting skill as I think he's an awful chat show host. But I do think he is the most natural of the three LLS hosts with the kids as he seems to enjoy their company much more and he seems to do his best to have fun and mess about with the kids. By all accounts he's also a lovely person and goes out of his way to be nice to fans, so the thought of him being dismissive of them off camera was disappointing.:eek::(

Then I read on and realised he's more of a toned down Bob Sagat and all was ok again.:D

Had to read that again it was so funny imagine sitting in the audience and expecting the night to be magical then camera turns off and Tubbs is roaring at kids :p no his material and how he joked with the audience was a bit less child suitable and more adult friendly lol :) oh he was fantastic on stage and off he interacted so well with the audience and even though he does the same thing every year with the audience I say, he was well aware it was our first experience at the toy show and never gave a hint of boredom or just talking to us out of duty he seemed to thoroughly enjoy interacting with us ! ( a vibe you wouldn't get some people in his positting I dare say ).

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

just reading this now... AMAZING thread! i have never been more jealous of someone i don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

Really delighted that someone who totally appreciated the tickets and got so much enjoyment out of the night got to go to the LLTS. your thread just oozed of the fun you had. so delighted you got this chance of a life time and many thanks for sharing your enthusiasm! with all the sad things in the news recently, its lovely to hear about nice things happening to nice people.

snor wrote: »
    Really delighted that someone who totally appreciated the tickets and got so much enjoyment out of the night got to go to the LLTS. your thread just oozed of the fun you had. so delighted you got this chance of a life time and many thanks for sharing your enthusiasm! with all the sad things in the news recently, its lovely to hear about nice things happening to nice people.

Thanks snor that was a lovely post, very uplifting ! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it ! :)

ene wrote: »
    just reading this now... AMAZING thread! i have never been more jealous of someone i don't know!

Thanks ene glad you enjoyed it !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Just got around to reading this. Thanks for such a detailed account Gliztgirl- it was almost as good as being there myself. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Just got around to reading this. Thanks for such a detailed account Gliztgirl- it was almost as good as being there myself. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Thanks that's so sweet! Awh it's definitely an unforgettable one so far anyway ! :) same to you and yours this christmas x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Hi Glitzgirl,

thanks for the detailed trip report. After reading that I feel like I was nearly at the LLTS myself. Glad someone who enjoys Christmas so much got a ticket.

Treasure the memories.

• Advertisement
Advertisement