Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Store Gift Cards

• 27-11-2015 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey all,

I've just put in an online order for a gift card through the Apple Store, and I got a strange email shortly afterwards asking me to call the guy who is processing my request on a freephone number to confirm some details, and to use an extension for his personal line.

I called the number and it sounds like a legit Apple line, but it's saying that the extension is invalid.

Any thoughts on whether or not this is legitimate? Has anyone else had issues like this before?

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You definitely ordered from the Irish Apple Store, yeah? By email or post?

I haven't experienced this myself, but gift card fraud is a big problem, so I'd well believe they call some customers to verify they are the cardholder. Apple probably don't have much comeback for chargebacks arising from gift cards bought using stolen credit cards.

Advertisement