Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building beside Live95fm studio

• 27-11-2015 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whats going on here? Looks like a new petrol station or something else might be going up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It does look like a petrol station - which is all the dock road needs. It'll soon become "petrol station row"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Mc Love wrote: »
    It does look like a petrol station - which is all the dock road needs. It'll soon become "petrol station row"

Yeah, like 3 stations in the space of 1 mile isn't enough :rolleyes:

I'll take another petrol station over that junkies nest that was there before any day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Vanquished

The old TOP filling station is re-opening. It closed around 10 years back and a large office block was to be built on the site but the economic crash put paid to that plan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It would be the closest thing to a City Centre petrol station. Good to see the site coming back into use if nothing else. Just hope that people dont try and turn right when leaving to go back towards the roundabout as that is the worst possible location to try do it

• Advertisement

It would be the closest thing to a City Centre petrol station.

The great gas at Lock Quay is closer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Vanquished wrote: »
    The old TOP filling station is re-opening. It closed around 10 years back and a large office block was to be built on the site but the economic crash put paid to that plan!

One of my earliest memories of living here, when I moved up I was looking for a job and went in there for the local paper. Saw the Post and the cover said 20c, thought it was a bargain so I went up to the counter and handed over a euro to a very confused assistant who wanted to know what I wanted to buy:P

Why did/does the post have a price on it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

One of my earliest memories of living here, when I moved up I was looking for a job and went in there for the local paper. Saw the Post and the cover said 20c, thought it was a bargain so I went up to the counter and handed over a euro to a very confused assistant who wanted to know what I wanted to buy:P

As far as Im aware they have to by law for the shelve space it takes up and to try and put people off taking them and dumping them on the streets and its up to the retailer to either give it away for free or they can actually charge upto 20cents crazy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Some places did actually charge for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

bazz26 wrote: »

I thought it was if you were a newsagent you charged for the Post but other retail outlets could hand it out free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

It's up to each newsagent. Most give it free but some don't like people just coming in for the post and leaving again so will charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

bazz26 wrote: »
    I got chased down the street by a shop owner for "stealing" a limerick post. Then he saw what I had and let me off.

It has a price because the Limerick Leader was whining about it.

Advertisement