Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to replace UPC TV with a media box or caster

Options
  • 27-11-2015 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering what I should use to replace my UPC tv subscription? I just have the basic package and rather than continue to endlessly flick through channels with nothing on any of them, I'd like to replace it with one of the many media options that are available now but I'm now sure what to get. The like of Chromecast and the Amazon Fire stick look interesting but it looks like we are limited in Ireland as to what apps we can use on them? Then I see posts about Roku boxes or Apple TV and being able to access a lot more services with them. Then of course I could go down the route of building a media player PC (I've built 2 gaming machines so I'm grand with doing that).

Can anyone advise as to what the best options are? The only subscription that I have at the moment other than UPC is Netflix. Would I need to sign up to a load of other services to make the most of these alternatives? I'd like access to sports and other things like that too if possible. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Hi all,

Just wondering what I should use to replace my UPC tv subscription? I just have the basic package and rather than continue to endlessly flick through channels with nothing on any of them, I'd like to replace it with one of the many media options that are available now but I'm now sure what to get. The like of Chromecast and the Amazon Fire stick look interesting but it looks like we are limited in Ireland as to what apps we can use on them? Then I see posts about Roku boxes or Apple TV and being able to access a lot more services with them. Then of course I could go down the route of building a media player PC (I've built 2 gaming machines so I'm grand with doing that).

Can anyone advise as to what the best options are? The only subscription that I have at the moment other than UPC is Netflix. Would I need to sign up to a load of other services to make the most of these alternatives? I'd like access to sports and other things like that too if possible. Any advice would be appreciated.

maybe something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 24 gneoh

just wonder are these Android TV Box being able to receive all Sky Sports without subscription....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

gneoh wrote: »
    just wonder are these Android TV Box being able to receive all Sky Sports without subscription....

Google is your friend,lots of those type questions covered in forums where that kind of talk is allowed.But it's not really permitted on boards.ie for obvious reasons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement