Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise Pollution

Options
  • 27-11-2015 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hello peeps,

3 days ago ESB came to the empty house next door (detached, one away) and did something with the Meter/Supply. Ever since an alarm inside the house has been going off and it's really loud. Weirdly it looks like there is no alarm on the house so I don't know what the source of the noise is? I looked on Laois Coco website and it says Householders can't complain to them about neighbours making noise.!? (Handy) Anyone have any ideas who I can contact about this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

DHFrame wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas who I can contact about this?

Um....ESB?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

DHFrame wrote: »
    Hello peeps,

3 days ago ESB came to the empty house next door (detached, one away) and did something with the Meter/Supply. Ever since an alarm inside the house has been going off and it's really loud. Weirdly it looks like there is no alarm on the house so I don't know what the source of the noise is? I looked on Laois Coco website and it says Householders can't complain to them about neighbours making noise.!? (Handy) Anyone have any ideas who I can contact about this?

Thanks!

That will be the backup battery in the internal alarm going off. It is plausible the ESB cut of the house supply.

Which means the power in the back up battery will die fairly soon. You will just have to wait it out a few hours.

Is the house permanently empty ? you could call the ESB to confirm that is what they were doing, it will mean it will stop once the battery dies out.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

listermint wrote: »
    That will be the backup battery in the internal alarm going off. It is plausible the ESB cut of the house supply.

Which means the power in the back up battery will die fairly soon. You will just have to wait it out a few hours.

Is the house permanently empty ? you could call the ESB to confirm that is what they were doing, it will mean it will stop once the battery dies out.

House is permanently empty, has been for a good 3 years now. It's a shame really, reletavely new house, the only one on the estate that's empty. It has a big hole in the roof that's letting water in. I was thinking about trying to find out which bank has it, to tell them etc... Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

if there is a hole in the roof then chances are ESB were shutting of the mains supply. which would mean my assertion is correct, the backup will die out but it will take hours.

Advertisement