Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of Contract Date

Options
  • 27-11-2015 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

Just wondering if someone can check when I am out of contract with Eir if I pm you my account details.  Also if I intend to switch providers and I am out of contract with you do I have to notify or cancel with you first or not?

Thanks  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi adelcrowsmel

Please PM me your eir account number and I'll confirm your contract status. If you are out of contract you only need to contact cancellations on free phone 1800303600 to notify eir.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi adelcrowsmel

Please PM me your eir account number and I'll confirm your contract status. If you are out of contract you only need to contact cancellations on free phone 1800303600 to notify eir.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan, will send a pm now

No problem adelcrowsmel

Cheers for your PM, I can confirm you are no longer in contract.

Have a nice day

Al

No problem adelcrowsmel

Cheers for your PM, I can confirm you are no longer in contract.

Have a nice day

Al
    Great, thanks again Alan for your help

No problem at all :)

Al

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

If you are out of contract and are changing provider you are probably better off saying nothing to eir. They are such a useless bunch they are just as likely to disconnect you altogether leaving high and dry. The company you are moving to just take over the line from eir.

my3cents wrote: »
    If you are out of contract and are changing provider you are probably better off saying nothing to eir. They are such a useless bunch they are just as likely to disconnect you altogether leaving high and dry. The company you are moving to just take over the line from eir.
    I would have to disagree my3cents - Some providers don't take over the line or broadband and in this case the service needs to be ceased down completely - If in the event it was the case that the other provider did not take over and your advice was followed the existing eir service & account would be left open and billed until closure for nonpayment, which I'm sure we can both agree is not the best route to follow... Also in the case where the other service was taking over service they may need the universal account number to take over the service (which is provided by cancellations).

Al

OK then Alan I'll amend that, the OP should avoid any contact with eir if he is switching to another provider that is going to use the same line.

OK then Alan I'll amend that, the OP should avoid any contact with eir if he is switching to another provider that is going to use the same line.
    Hi my3cents

In the case where the other operator is indeed taking over the line I would still recommend contacting for a number of reasons:

To see if the contract is expired (although I have happily confirmed this in the case :))

To obtain the Universal account number - for the transfer of services to happen

To check/Querie outstanding balance agreements

And to see if eir can match or beat the price being offered by the other provider.

I understand your views though I think it is worth mentioning the above.

Al

Hi Alan, 

Just wondering if you can confirm something for me.  I rang to inform of my intention to switch there now and was informed that's fine as I am out of contract as you had confirmed for me earlier.  I had read this page online before ringing https://www.eir.ie/switching/#switching-phone which states that I am obliged to give 30 days notice of my intention to switch and that after the customer service advisor has taken my notice they will confirm when the 30 days notice period will expire.

I read/took this to mean that I couldn't switch until after the 30 days and that I would be given a date by the agent of when I could switch from, but after speaking with Ronan from Eir there now, he has said that I can phone up another provider and switch now.  He gave me the date of 25/12/2015 as the 30 days by which the switch should have taken place or I need to notify Eir again.  Is that correct - can I switch say next week?  I just want to confirm after maybe reading your website wrong? Also you mention above that they might give me a UAN number, so I am just after ringing back there now to ask for this and was told by Hugh that it is my account number - are these not two different things? Confused now...

Thanks again

• Advertisement

Thanks for taking my call adelcrowsmel :)

Al

Al
    Thanks for the call Alan, appreciate it!

Al
    Thanks for the call Alan, appreciate it!
    You're most welcome adelcrowsmel

Please get in touch if there's anything else you feel i can assist with

Cheers
    Al

Sorry to bother you again but just wondering do I need to return my modem  - I had next generation broadband not efibre - just after realising that it wasn't mentioned to me?  If so can you let me know where to post to please.

Sorry to bother you again but just wondering do I need to return my modem  - I had next generation broadband not efibre - just after realising that it wasn't mentioned to me?  If so can you let me know where to post to please.
    Hi adelcrowsmel

The modem is only required for where it was eFibre - in this event you will not need to return the modem :)

Al

Hi adelcrowsmel

The modem is only required for where it was eFibre - in this event you will not need to return the modem :)

Al
    Thanks for that Alan, good to know and appreciate your prompt reply again, thanks.

Hi adelcrowsmel

Al
    Thanks for that Alan, good to know and appreciate your prompt reply again, thanks.
    No problem at all adelcrowsmel

Al

Advertisement