Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-statements versus historical vs paper statements

• 27-11-2015 11:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭

The revenue require records to be kept for 6 years so wonder how long e-statements will be held online by the banks?
    AIB has a 2 year rolling in the historical so just wonder if paper is the best way, even if u have tp print out the e-statements.
    Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

I print them off on any account that is online statements only. You can only go back year or two at most on most online ones and copy statements will cost you a nice little bit if it is a very active account, price is usually per page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

phormium wrote: »
    I print them off on any account that is online statements only. You can only go back year or two at most on most online ones and copy statements will cost you a nice little bit if it is a very active account, price is usually per page.

Thanks, that was my sense also, they are euro 3.50 a page....
    Case closed

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Banks are required to keep records, not statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Thanks, that was my sense also, they are euro 3.50 a page....
    Case closed

You can a FOI request on your account and get all of them for a fixed amount. Although the bank only has to give them to you within 8 weeks. So it can a be slow process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

newacc2015 wrote: »
    You can a FOI request on your account and get all of them for a fixed amount. Although the bank only has to give them to you within 8 weeks. So it can a be slow process

This in not technically correct. Although a data access request requires the bank to provide you with a list of your transactions, it doesn't require them to provide it in the form of statements. You can get a transaction list, sure, but it is very unlikely that it will look anything like your paper or e-statements. If you're planning on getting the statements for the purpose of using them on a credit application etc., a data access request isn't the way to go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement