Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with SAMSUNG S4 on METEOR ???

Options
  • 27-11-2015 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Recently I purchased Samsung S4 for me and my wife, one 9505 originally locked by Vodafone, the other one 9515 (black edition) locked by Meteor, both of them are unlocked by operators now. My problem is with weird intermittent compatibility issue between these phones and Meteor SIM (or network). I flashed Meteor branded firmware (found on Sammobile official page) as well as de-branded stock firmware. Tried with Samsung TouchWiz as well as Google Play edition ROM, in all cases I have NO problem using different SIM/operators, I tried with Vodafone, O2 as well as with a SIM from another country (roaming enabled). 4G, text and calls work absolutely fine. As soon as I insert Meteor SIM I am having all sorts of issues, signal lost (in Dublin city) SIM not detected, sim detected but only 3G data work fine but I can't make calls, etc etc. I thought it's related to the firmware but I tried to recover back to default even back to KitKat and the problem still persists, this is only the case for Meteor sim cards. I even tried a new Meteor SIM only issued very recently, but no change. It's been over a week since I purchased both phones and tried to make it work, but sometimes it's fine for a day, then it starts failing again. If I use O2 or Vodafone SIM I have absolutelly no issues (btw, on Meteor 4G doesn't work at all, even when LTE is enabled). Phone's (IMEI) are not blocked I already checked, they're SIM free and it's only Meteor network I've been having issues with. PS: yesterday I got a brand new replacement card in Meteor store.

Sometimes it says no SIM card, I restart and then it shows Meteor but the data network is switching between H+ and 3G (in Dublin city) with LTE enabled and although I can make calls sometimes if I leave the phone for few hours the signal will drop, followed by SIM undetected.

I tried several Modem/Baseband versions, few Bootloaders, etc. With SIM other than Meteor I don't have any problems what so ever with all firmware versions or phonr/modem files I tried.

This is so frustrating, I got 2 new phones that for some reason don't work properly with my network and only with my network.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

How old is the meteor SIM? You may just need to get a new SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭GhanGee

yesterday I got a brand new replacement card in Meteor store, same problem
    How old is the meteor SIM? You may just need to get a new SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭GhanGee

Hi Joseph, thanks for your reply. This is ridiculous, I tried everything I visited Meteor store several times, we changed several SIM cards, they confirmed it's one of their phones (not covered by warranty anymore) it's was unlocked by Meteor, still it works on any network except Meteor. For the moment I use a Vodafone SIM with my phone and am seriously considering moving to Vodafone, me and my wife too. She has the exact same problem with her S4.

When I installed Kitkat 4.4 (MET) right after installation it prompted for some sort of certificate to be imported so I did, but still even if I search for available networks manually I get and it lists all network it fails to register on Meteor network. Guys in the store told me they have no idea why, they confirmed the phone is unlocked and not blacklisted (IMEI) and where's no other type of restriction. If I use an app to obtain SIM details it gives me everything, operators name, sim s/n, etc (with all the cards I tested it with)

Josephbd wrote: »
    I also had the same problem

Advertisement