Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet/Broadband in Lackagh

Options
  • 27-11-2015 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm currently on 20GB 3G for €10 a month from Meteor. Great price, internet not so great.
    Fibre options are coming in at about €45 per month which is quiet expensive. Does anyone know of any good deals that aren't that expensive but give a good connection & at least 20gb data pm?

Thanks in advance,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I'm in the Lackagh area myself and my house is not yet fibre-enabled... the Eir rollout map tells me - "good news, coming soon, I'll have it within one year" :rolleyes: Do you know if fibre is even possible at your address?

Until fibre eventually comes along, I'm getting an ok-ish 8 - 8.5MB with Eir. All the other DSL providers (Sky, Vodafone, etc) would be exactly the same until such time as the cabinet I'm connected to is fibre-enabled.

If you want to avoid the DSL providers, then your only choice really is what you have or similar - i.e. a wireless 3G / 4G connection which is both expensive and unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I see that 3 have 60gb of 4g broadband, €19.99 for first 6 months, €39.99 for the remaining 12 months of the 18 month contract. Seems about the best deal around at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

like buses....I'm with Sky and got an offer of unlimited BB for €35 for 12 months, line rental included. The 3 deal works out €10 cheaper per month but it's an extra 6 months. We use 20gbs a months, don't think we'd use up 60gb pm though.

Just checked on the Three website and it's only good outdoor reception....

Advertisement