If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UEJ5500 (Sonos side question)

Options
  • 27-11-2015 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Hello Folks

Im looking at the above series in a 32" and 43", I have some questions that you might answer;

Are they Saorview capable?
    On setup if I choose location as being Ireland is the RTE Player available on them as per the J5500 sold in the republic?
    Do they include the 6 year warranty and is delivery to Kildare/Naas area free or chargeable?

With regard the Sonos, do you have any open box deals on the White Play 3 or 5 (old play 5), and at what price?
    To summarise can I have a very very best black Friday price on;

The two TV's J5500, 32" and 43" and one White Sonos Play3
    The two TV's J5500, 32" and 43" and one White Sonos Play5
    The two TV's J5500, 32" and 43" without Sonos

Thanks

Smithicks..

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hello Folks

Im looking at the above series in a 32" and 43", I have some questions that you might answer;

On setup if I choose location as being Ireland is the RTE Player available on them as per the J5500 sold in the republic?
    Do they include the 6 year warranty and is delivery to Kildare/Naas area free or chargeable?

With regard the Sonos, do you have any open box deals on the White Play 3 or 5 (old play 5), and at what price?

Thanks

Smithicks..
    Hi Smithyseller.

Apologies for the  delay in getting back to you.

Its been crazy here at the store over the last few days.

Unfortunately the 32 and 43J5500 are in-store only purchases and can not be shipped. They would need collected from the Belfast store.

The old Play 5's are now all gone (even our display unit) with the NEW version coming in at £429.00

Play 3 currently priced up at 349.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-11317-play3.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Hello Folks

Thanks

Smithicks..
    Hi Smithyseller.

Apologies for the  delay in getting back to you.

Its been crazy here at the store over the last few days.

Unfortunately the 32 and 43J5500 are in-store only purchases and can not be shipped. They would need collected from the Belfast store.

The old Play 5's are now all gone (even our display unit) with the NEW version coming in at £429.00

Play 3 currently priced up at 349.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-11317-play3.aspx
    Thanks Kenny, collecting isn't a big issue, but would you mind answering the following;
    Do they include the 6 year warranty?
    And finally, best price in Euros for both?
    Thanks

Sorry Kenny just another thing with regard delivery, on the same TV 32" J5500, this was quoted by Richersounds on the 26th to another Boards user;

Yes the price includes delivery to ROI and a 6 year warranty

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Sorry Kenny just another thing with regard delivery, on the same TV 32" J5500, this was quoted by Richersounds on the 26th to another Boards user;

Yes the price includes delivery to ROI and a 6 year warranty
    32J5500 includes the 5 year warranty and ROI delivery

32J5500 is Saorview ready

All Smart Samsung we supply are authorised UK/Irl stock and include the correct Freeview HD / Saorview HD T2 Tuners ( unlike some of our competition!) and will adapt the local apps ONLY when they are connected to the web - there are of course ways around this if you want UK apps, but we don't recommend this..

The online prices are net net at the moment I'm afraid and we cant offer any additional discount - however of course if you do find a cheaper price with the same T's and C's we will happily have a look at it for you.

You can purchase online here:

Samsung UE32J5500
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201281-samsung-ue32j5500.aspx?swapstore=1

Samsung UE43J5500
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201304-ue43j5500.aspx

Keep us posted if we can assist or if you have any queries,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Folks thanks for the quick dispatch of the two TV's (Samsung J5500), very efficient indeed. I have a quick question that you might be able to help me with, I have chosen Ireland and whilst I get the 3 Player and TG4 Player there is no RTE Player and doing an App search does not find one either.
    Now I know the BBC iPlayer for example went missing from the install list from the UK for a while whilst being updated, and perhaps something similar has happened here, OR Im being very stupid.

Any help appreciated, or perhaps you might run it by a Samsung Rep?

Thanks, Smithicks..

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

smithy,

where are you based?

I haven't heard of any specific issues but if you come back to me with your location ( NI / ROI) I'll get onto Samsung and do some digging,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

smithy,

where are you based?

I haven't heard of any specific issues but if you come back to me with your location ( NI / ROI) I'll get onto Samsung and do some digging,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Kildare John.

It would seem it hasn't been available for some time, please see;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057472255

I happened to be in Powercity last night picking up an old Sonos Play 5 (you were out of stock:o ) and they assumed it was still available and haven't been told any different.

It would be nice to get some clarity, perhaps its under development or something. Its still working fine on the F series TV's that I have.

Thanks

Smithy..

Update on this from RTE;

Thanks for getting in touch. We have a new app update for newer Samsung Connected TVs in development presently but no set date for its release unfortunately.

Best Wishes,

Nigel

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

smithy,

where are you based?

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Kildare John.

It would seem it hasn't been available for some time, please see;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057472255

I happened to be in Powercity last night picking up an old Sonos Play 5 (you were out of stock:o ) and they assumed it was still available and haven't been told any different.

It would be nice to get some clarity, perhaps its under development or something. Its still working fine on the F series TV's that I have.

Thanks

Smithy..

Update on this from RTE;

Thanks for getting in touch. We have a new app update for newer Samsung Connected TVs in development presently but no set date for its release unfortunately.

Best Wishes,

Nigel
    Thanks for the info SmithySeller :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.