Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tortoise Ignoring Calcium Block

Options
  • 27-11-2015 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭

I've a Russian Tortoise who's about 5/6 years old. I bought a calcium block for him recently and so far, he's had no interest in it. He bit it once and that was it. He has also gone off him food so we think he's going into hibernation but he still nibbles on a bit of dandelion leaf or ribtail every so often. The block is his only source of calcium at the moment but if it doesn't work, we'll go back to powder. I'd rather it didn't go to waste though. Is there any way to make it more appealing before he goes into hibernation? He hasn't had any calcium for about 2 weeks now so I'm hoping to get some into him before he goes to sleep.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Renno123

Old thread but, leave the calcium block in there. They will nibble at it occasionally. Keep supplementing calcium onto the food as this is critical for tortoises. Also a vitamin/mineral supplement should be used a few times a week e.g. nutobal

Advertisement