Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Oven

Options
  • 27-11-2015 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm gonna be buying a new oven soon. It'll be a built in electric oven (60cm wide).

What should I look out for and what do you get for spending more on an oven ?

I don't have space for a double oven. I love the idea of the Samsung flexi space ... two doors and a removable piece in the middle which allows you to use it as single large oven or two smaller ones. Haven't seen them in Ireland and can't afford it either though :(

Thanks,
    F.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I have a Belling double oven at the moment and it's fine, but I'm definitely going to buy a Neff next time. Something I don't like about the Belling - you can't switch the fan off in the main oven, which I'd like to when I'm baking.
    I wouldn't buy an oven without a timer - it's very handy to put a Sunday roast in, set the timer and go out for the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Thanks. I've heard good things about Neff alright ... are they built better than the likes of Zanussi, or what makes them worth the extra few bob ?

I'm thinking of Pyrolitic cleaning (it burns everything to an ash and you wipe the ash off) ... anyone got this and does it work as advertised ?

Ta,
    F.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

My parents have a self-cleaning one. It's handy enough, except it takes a couple of hours and sticks to high heaven.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I think Neff are top of the range and I love their new slide and hide doors, as seen on the Great British Bake Off :)
    I've never had a self cleaning one but I'd love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

twerg_85 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of Pyrolitic cleaning (it burns everything to an ash and you wipe the ash off) ... anyone got this and does it work as advertised ?

Ta,
    F.

I wouldn't have an oven without it- that simple. it works a dream- oven is like the day i purchased it- highly recommended.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Thanks all, self cleaning oven ordered, hopefully delivered today !

F.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

I treated myself to a Neff single oven/grill last year with the slide and hide door and pyrolitic cleaning having coveted them on the GBBO. It was expensive but I was replacing the original cheap Beko oven that came with the house ten years previously and was on its last legs, so I had been saving for its successor for over a year.

The Neff oven is hands down the best thing I have ever put in the kitchen. I cook and bake a lot and I absolutely love it!

Oven envy here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Top of the range Bosch pyrolitic self clean oven bought two years ago and it is fabulous fantastic piece of equipment loads of programmable functions and three levels of self clean from one and a half hours to two and a half I think.

Advertisement