Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloaded Games on PS3 --> PS4

Options
  • 27-11-2015 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Hi - I cant seem to get a consistent answer on this question.

The kids have a PS3 and have downloaded Minecraft from the Playstation Store using their PSN Account.

They have asked Santa for a PS4 - Will they be able to download Minecraft from the Store to the PS4 as they purchased previously, or will they have to repurchase it?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jmcc99_98 wrote: »

The kids have a PS3 and have downloaded Minecraft from the Playstation Store using their PSN Account.

They have asked Santa for a PS4 - Will they be able to download Minecraft from the Store to the PS4 as they purchased previously, or will they have to repurchase it?

Log onto the psn store on your PC and check if it's cross-buy.

EDIT: Seems not to be cross buy with the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

Ok thanks very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I take it PS4 isnt backwards compatible.

went out and bought some games recently and then got a ps4 today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I take it PS4 isnt backwards compatible.

went out and bought some games recently and then got a ps4 today :(

Its not, unfortunately.

If you still have your ps3 you will have the best of both worlds though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

You have to pay 4 or 5 Euros to update to the PS4 version from PS3, I did it actually....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

amadablam wrote: »
    Its not, unfortunately.

If you still have your ps3 you will have the best of both worlds though.

My PS3 is almost sold to help pay for the upgrade:)

My PS3 is almost sold to help pay for the upgrade:)

I'm delighted with the PS4 so far I have to say, fair enough I purchased "day one" but it gives me the PS2 feels, everytime I even look at the console, and I love that... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

Fieldog wrote: »
    You have to pay 4 or 5 Euros to update to the PS4 version from PS3, I did it actually....

Cool, and can this be done through the PSN or Playstore?

Cool, and can this be done through the PSN or Playstore?

PSN
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/minecraft-playstation4-edition/cid=EP4433-CUSA00265_00-MINECRAFTPS4ED02?scope=sceapp&smcid=sceapp%3Ahome

I think that may be the unlock above, I'm not sure as I'm showing 2 PS4 ones as "purchased" in my history so I can't see the price unfortunately...

Basically when you sign into the PS4 you search for Minecraft on store and the option to unlock the PS4 version is there, I think it was 4 or 5 quid....

Worth the upgrade (I've been told!) as the world's you can create can be a lot bigger.... :)

Hope that helps... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

I know i got my xbox one version for a fiver since i previously owned it on 360 so i assume you can do the same for PS4. The next gen version has more features so you're better off getting it anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement