Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emergency hospital charges

Options
  • 27-11-2015 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

hi, not sure if i am in right forum...

my question is i have been to emergency in beaumont hospital, i got cut tendines on my finger. so i got there on monday and was waiting for 3 days to have this done...the third day i have left the hospital and went to have this done somewhere else...i have signed that i have refused the treatment.

but now i have received 2 bills ok one is the gov. levy thats fine. but then i have received another bill for 4x75e for 4 days but those days are the day that i have left and another 3 days after. so i wasnt in hospital those days at all. and i have never slept in the hospital (no beds) havent received any food and i was not transferred there on ambulance car. so what can i do about it? of course i dont want to pay for this who should i contact anyone came accros something like this?

on that second bill was saying treatment code: public i/p c

thanks for any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Contact patient accounts - number is on the bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Common <SNIP> the HSE pull and they'll still hound you for it even if you roar down the phone and skywrite in the sky that you went elsewhere. Tell them put it in writing and register the letter then forget about it.

Just ignore the letter bombs, death treats, "debt collector letters" bombarding your mailbox.

Personal experience

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

I don't fully understand? You were admitted via A&E and on the 3rd day you self discharged? Am I correct? You then recieved a bill for 4 days? Just contact them and explain that you were in fact only 3 days and pay for those?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 killswitx

yeah i have called there and explained that i have left at 4/11 and signed the treatment refusal...lady got back to me after half hour and cancel that 300 bill away ;) at least something

Advertisement