Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Randy Orton Injured. Possibly 12 months

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Randy Orton's injury Is much worse than initially thought. He may be out for up to 12 months
    http://www.sescoops.com/randy-ortons-injuries-much-worse-than-expected-two-surgeries-scheduled/

Now that would be a shame. Despite being a big name he's been criminally underused the last 12/18 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

ERG89 wrote: »
    Now that would be a shame. Despite being a big name he's been criminally underused the last 12/18 months.

i dont think hes look interested in the same period i dont know whether is cause he has been underused or just losing interest in wrestling, after all hes been wrestling for the last 13 years minus the injuries. A long break i think would be good for him and his character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,454 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

There's no guarantee he'll even come back at all after this injury. Yes he's still a good age for the business, but he's been doing it a very long time now, and his body appears to be giving in a bit. As sky said, he clearly hasn't looked interested the last couple of years, but Randy Orton at the top of his game and fully interested, is the number one guy on the roster for me. If he does come back, I'd like him to be the mega heel he was before his initial face turn, and build another stable like Legacy, with bigger names in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

martyos121 wrote: »
    There's no guarantee he'll even come back at all after this injury. Yes he's still a good age for the business, but he's been doing it a very long time now, and his body appears to be giving in a bit. As sky said, he clearly hasn't looked interested the last couple of years, but Randy Orton at the top of his game and fully interested, is the number one guy on the roster for me. If he does come back, I'd like him to be the mega heel he was before his initial face turn, and build another stable like Legacy, with bigger names in it.

Orton is a very intense bloke by all accounts you hear from interviews etc.

Would be bloody hilarious if he returned in a years time completely chilled out playing the role of 2016 Godfather complete with his own personal train :p

If people said "what the f*ck" when Brodus Clay appeared for the first time in his dancing gimmick, imagine the craic that would be had if Orton did something like that.

It would probably be the end of him at the top of the card of course, therefore probably not a good idea.

Anyway thats my brainfart for the afternoon :D

price690 wrote: »
    Orton is a very intense bloke by all accounts you hear from interviews etc.

Would be bloody hilarious if he returned in a years time completely chilled out playing the role of 2016 Godfather complete with his own personal train :p

If people said "what the f*ck" when Brodus Clay appeared for the first time in his dancing gimmick, imagine the craic that would be had if Orton did something like that.

It would probably be the end of him at the top of the card of course, therefore probably not a good idea.

Anyway thats my brainfart for the afternoon :D

I really hope Vince doesn't read boards because that's exactly the type of thing he'd have him do! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I really hope Vince doesn't read boards because that's exactly the type of thing he'd have him do! :pac:

The way things are going in WWE ratings wise maybe he should start reading boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

He'll be back, 100%. He has been asking for the HBK schedule for over a year now, they might be convinced by this injury that they should let him have it.

There's never a good time to go through an injury, as a human being. But as a performer this isn't the worst thing that could've happened to him. He's on that magical $1 million downside so he's got $20,000 bucks coming in a week while he rehabs, and when he comes back, he will almost assuredly be in a much better spot because after a whole year off the people may be hot for him again. The higher spot means greater payoffs. In the meantime he can rehab and spend time with his hot new wife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yeah his wife is very hot, isn't she? Ha ha. I thought it was funny that he basically met her because she came to the shows. Surely that has done a lot for his ego. I never realised that it was his ex-wife who had initially filed for divorce in 2013. For some reason I always thought that it had been the other way around. I kind of wish he was there at the moment to feud with Alberto Del Rio. I think he needs someone of equal stature to fight continuously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Split from news thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

And i was hoping for a feud with the new WWE champion well god damn it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Might not be the worst thing in the world to phase him into a new role where he appears sporadically, a la Undertaker, Triple H, Lesnar.

Might not be the worst thing in the world to phase him into a new role where he appears sporadically, a la Undertaker, Triple H, Lesnar.

Absolutely. He is beyond played out as a weekly character. When was the last time he felt important? His run as heel champion v Daniel Bryan was incredibly weak, and he's only fallen since that.

Monokne wrote: »
    Absolutely. He is beyond played out as a weekly character. When was the last time he felt important? His run as heel champion v Daniel Bryan was incredibly weak, and he's only fallen since that.

I'd love to see him in a tag team when he comes back. I thought he was excellent with Edge in Rated RKO, but as one of Edge's biggest fans, I'd be quite biased there I suppose. If he could find that chemistry with someone else it could work wonders for him, I think Orton and Cesaro as a dominant heel tag team could be very special indeed, and you have a great feud ready when one turns on the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

His feud with Christian was much better than that but saying he's played out as a weekly character is naive. He hasn't feuded with Owens or Cesaro or Wyatt or Lesnar again since he was a few months in the wwe. Bar Lesnar a win in a feud with an established main eventer like Orton would benefit the former 3 long term more than beating Stardust or Ryback over a few months. You need names to make names plain and simple.
    I wouldn't let him near Sheamus or Cena again as both feuds are played to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

So at least until WrestleMania there is no:

Seth Rollins
    Randy Orton
    Cesaro
    Sting (most likely)
    Daniel Bryan (most likely)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

So at least until WrestleMania there is no:

Seth Rollins
    Randy Orton
    Cesaro
    Sting (most likely)
    Daniel Bryan (most likely)

But as cover we have:

Sheamus
    Kane
    Reigns
    Big Show
    Braun Strowman

No shortage of talent there.

I don't know what the panic is without Randy Orton. He wasn't even that necessary last year going into WrestleMania as champion. They probably would have gotten away with Batista vs. Daniel Bryan in a singles match if Bryan had held onto the championship before then. The guys they have active at the moment are all capable of putting on good matches and probably also capable of being a lot more captivating than Randy Orton has been. I'd like to see him vs. Alberto Del Rio, with Orton torturing Zeb Colter a few times when he gets Del Rio's back turned, but wouldn't be surprised if he's vs. the Wyatts.

I don't think anyone is panicked about Orton going down. He would've been in the middle of the card at Mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I don't think anyone is panicked about Orton going down. He would've been in the middle of the card at Mania.

Agreed, don't think anybody gives to much of a **** tbh. The days of Randy been any sort of meaningful draw are well gone.

That doesn't stop WWE from pushing him into these positions every so often though, does it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I think it's more so a big story because of the fact that Cena is taking time off, Bryan isn't about and Rollins got injured so star power is lacking generally like on here I think people are happy enough. Not that he is injured but that he as a character will be off our screens as we have developed an apathy towards Orton as his character has been around for so long without too much development or breaks.

Cesaros injury is the one I really consider a pity as there was the chance that with all these other absences he may finally get a push at some point and you gotta believe the fans would get behind it. No idea what they would do (apart form get Cena back ASAP) if Reigns got injured now

Doesn't feel like a big story at all. Feels like Orton has been floating around in meaningless midcard matches since Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd like to see him feud with Lesnar

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd like to see him feud with Lesnar

It's the biggest fresh (the one time they faced almost doesent matter as it was so early for both) feud either of them could have imo (assuming Bryan doesent come back and someow get medically cleared to face Brock).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

You get the impression that his heart isn't in it anymore.

I remember he did an interview on Sky sports news of all places a few years back and he seemed to become really enthused when the subject of retirement was brought up, he said something like 10 more years and I'm done. It sounded like a prisoner counting down the time until he's released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No idea what they would do (apart form get Cena back ASAP) if Reigns got injured now

Have a much better show IMO. The Reigns push is largely what's making the show so bad right now. So much is being invested in him to the point where no other face is allowed be pushed (even Cena has had to take a step back and deal with Rusev and the U.S. title picture since Royal Rumble bar one brief title fling with Rollins) and they just can't make the whole Reigns thing happen. It's never a good formula for any TV show to have one of the less entertaining members of the cast have such a prominent role. Imagine if Breaking Bad had made Skylar the main character.

Were Reigns to be forced off screen for a spell they'd be forced to push others from the heel-jobber limbo and some of those (Ambrose/Cesaro/Owens/Rusev) would make for much compelling TV if booked even a percentage as strong as Reigns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's the biggest fresh (the one time they faced almost doesent matter as it was so early for both) feud either of them could have imo (assuming Bryan doesent come back and someow get medically cleared to face Brock).

Legend Killer vs. Streak Killer :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Imagine if Breaking Bad had made Skylar the main character

Christ there's a thought I wouldn't last an episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pentecost wrote: »
    Christ there's a thought I wouldn't last an episode

Hahaha definitely sprung to mind as the person who would immediately illustrate my point.

• Advertisement

wwe_rko_in_jail_by_gogeta126.jpg
    You get the impression that his heart isn't in it anymore.

I remember he did an interview on Sky sports news of all places a few years back and he seemed to become really enthused when the subject of retirement was brought up, he said something like 10 more years and I'm done. It sounded like a prisoner counting down the time until he's released.

Advertisement