Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Increase in appetite

• 27-11-2015 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

For the last month or so my border terrier's appetite has increased significantly. I haven't changed her food or routine so im not sure what could be causing this.

Usually I feed both my dogs after their morning walk and again after their evening walk. The terrier especially only ate half of the food previously and would pick at the other half throughout the day. But now when I am feeding them, she is trying to eat out of the bowl before I even put it down.

She's neutered, is nearly 5 and as I said above, her routine has not changed. The only thing I can think of is myself and my partner split up a couple of months ago so thinking maybe his absence has something to do with it.

It should be added that I have a collie too, who's eating habits haven't changed.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to what the issue could be? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

My (almost) 14 year old dog who spent his life being a fussy/bad eater developed a whole new interest in food a few months ago, goes around looking for food and snacks so much now. At first I was putting it down to his age, which maybe it is, because I've heard about elderly dogs getting a bit obsessed with food. However last month he got sick and was diagnosed with a mild case of pancreatitis, (his other blood tests were ok), and now hes on a low fat diet for life. Now I'm convinced his pancreas problem is connected to his increase in appetite, and he's not digesting his food properly or not absorbing the nutrients very well, which is making him crave extra food. However who knows for sure! I've started him on digestive enzymes anyway so we'll see how that goes. Im not suggesting your dog has a problem with her pancreas (!) , but there are some medical issues that can cause an increase in appetite so it may be no harm to run it by your vet.

Advertisement