Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone5 no reception

• 27-11-2015 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi
    I have an iPhone 5 which keeps loosing signal. When you try to make a call it comes up call failure, also texts wont send or receive. If i turn off/on phone or puy on airplane mode on/ off it will start working again for a while but will go again. Operator logo always appears in corner of phone so you dont know when it working or not. L have contacted operator and they have said there are no issues in my area.

Any help please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

pdstck wrote: »
    Hi
    I have an iPhone 5 which keeps loosing signal. When you try to make a call it comes up call failure, also texts wont send or receive. If i turn off/on phone or puy on airplane mode on/ off it will start working again for a while but will go again. Operator logo always appears in corner of phone so you dont know when it working or not. L have contacted operator and they have said there are no issues in my area.

Any help please

You didn't buy it off someone second hand by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭pdstck

long_b wrote: »
    You didn't buy it off someone second hand by any chance?[/quote

Yeah but have it about 14months was working ok till last Tuesday /Wenesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Yeah but have it about 14months was working ok till last Tuesday /Wenesday

Since Tuesday have you manage to get any reception at all? Is it the same issue in all the areas? Could be a faulty phone too.

If you haven't manage to use at all since Tuesday it could that it is blocked, even if you got it 14 months ago could happen that seller stops paying the bill if purchase in Bill pay or report it lost/stolen to claim with the insurance. Do you know what network it was purchase from? You could call and ask them to check the IEMI numer to check if they iphone is blocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

nava wrote: »
    Since Tuesday have you manage to get any reception at all? Is it the same issue in all the areas? Could be a faulty phone too.

If you haven't manage to use at all since Tuesday it could that it is blocked, even if you got it 14 months ago could happen that seller stops paying the bill if purchase in Bill pay or report it lost/stolen to claim with the insurance. Do you know what network it was purchase from? You could call and ask them to check the IEMI numer to check if they iphone is blocked.

Not possible. The OP clearly states signal resumes briefly after toggling Airplane Mode on and off. A blocked phone will not do that.

OP, all I can recommend is reset all settings and if that doesn't work tray a hard reset.

I know last user had it unlocked by his provider before he sold it, it works for a couple of hours if switched off/on or switch on/off airplane mode. The wifi still works even when the phone doesn't

• Advertisement

naasrd wrote: »
    Not possible. The OP clearly states signal resumes briefly after toggling Airplane Mode on and off. A blocked phone will not do that.

OP, all I can recommend is reset all settings and if that doesn't work tray a hard reset.[/quot

Thanks
    It just the hassle of putting everything back on phone after reset, i will give it a couple of more days before i do that.

Hi all
    Sorry for all the silly questios but i haven't a clew when it comes to phones/ computers etc.

Last night a friend call he went into general-settings-carrier and took it off auto, it came up with 3 options
    3, 3g, metor irl, he put it on 3option and left it on manual search and phone has worked since.

Does that mean problem in with operator service?

Hi all
    Sorry for all the silly questios but i haven't a clew when it comes to phones/ computers etc.

Last night a friend call he went into general-settings-carrier and took it off auto, it came up with 3 options
    3, 3g, metor irl, he put it on 3option and left it on manual search and phone has worked since.

Does that mean problem in with operator service?

It might mean that wherever you are you're losing signal in that aprticular spot, is happening in many locations?

It might mean that wherever you are you're losing signal in that aprticular spot, is happening in many locations?[/quo

Reception can be poor in the house sometimes, would it not pick up signal again by moving around if this was the case. It dont come back unless y
    I switch off/on phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It's the joke that is the three network.

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    It's the joke that is the three network.[/quot

It grand till about 4/5 months ago, they have so many other operators on their networks now and its made **** of their own. Anyone know what meteor are like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

guil wrote: »
    It's the joke that is the three network.[/quot

It grand till about 4/5 months ago, they have so many other operators on their networks now and its made **** of their own. Anyone know what meteor are like?

We can't answer that. Only your neighbours can.

Meteor is the best network for coverage in my area but 6 miles up the road there's no coverage at all. Depends on a number of factors like location, the number of subscribers nearby (especially when it comes to data) and the layout of your building etc

Got talking to a guy last night who works in the telecom business, he told me that 3 are switching off some of their masts (cost saving ) here and there to see if they will get away with it without too many complaints and if you ring they will say there are no issues in your area. Also if ther are switching off masts and tell peoplr apparently you can cancel you contract with them without penalties so that's why they tell you there are no issues in your area.

So unless people start complaining the service will only get worse.

Got talking to a guy last night who works in the telecom business, he told me that 3 are switching off some of their masts (cost saving ) here and there to see if they will get away with it without too many complaints and if you ring they will say there are no issues in your area. Also if ther are switching off masts and tell peoplr apparently you can cancel you contract with them without penalties so that's why they tell you there are no issues in your area.

So unless people start complaining the service will only get worse.

That guy sounds like a nob. Three are doing no such thing. Did he ask you to buy any magic beans while he was waffling? Until you have proof of this yourself it's trash talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

That guy sounds like a nob. Three are doing no such thing. Did he ask you to buy any magic beans while he was waffling? Until you have proof of this yourself it's trash talk.

I'd imagine he was referring to the o2 masts three decommissioned.

When I'm in tralee 3G works fine but as soon as I get home (16kms) I have lost service within 10 mins and have to switch back manually to 3 option

Advertisement