Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers** Series 9, Episode 11 - "Heaven Sent"

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Medieval philosophers were accused of wasting their time speculating upon how many angels would fit on the head of a pin. We've come a long way since, haven't we.

Heh, this is more of a modern interpretation of an older question, most widely known as the Ship of Theseus paradox :)

As to how the other rooms were setup, I assumed he designed the whole thing that way - it was the confession dial, which ties in with the creature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I watched it again this evening

And replayed that sequence couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Really good episode

Now I'm trying to figure what's been set up for the second part. The sisterhood aren't on gallifrey so whats their link with ashildr? Seems likely it would take someone with timelord knowledge to use the confession dial like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Does it mean the first doctor ran around naked for a bit so he could leave his clothes by the fire? :)

Also, I'd just write room 12 in the sand in from of the teleporter, so he'd see it when he got out, and leave the shovel in front of room 12's door.

Also why didn't he confess in room 12, run to the other side, confess, then have 82 minutes hacking at the wall.

I know I know, there's always logic and learning involved for him to figure out that he can come back etc

Mannequin Clara was creepy!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

WOW!

Absolutely brilliant episode from start to finish! Capaldi was absolutely superb! Never doubted that the doctor would get back to Gallifrey! Can't wait to see the series finale on Saturday!

10/10:)

• Advertisement

Clara is dead.

yes clara is most deffinately dead. It was her spirit that the doctor was speaking to.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

yes clara is most deffinately dead. It was her spirit that the doctor was speaking to.:)

Well, not so much her spirit, rather the Doctor's memories and interpretations of what she would say to him.

Penn wrote: »
    Well, not so much her spirit, rather the Doctor's memories and interpretations of what she would say to him.
    that

yes thats what i meant. anyway the finale looks like its going to be an absolutely cracker of an episode.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

But we still don't know who asked Ashildr to transport him into the confession dial, do we?

And Gallifrey was in some frozen alternate time/reality, wasn't it? So how did the confession dial end up there for him to come out of it in Gallifrey? Does that mean Gallifrey is back? Or is he gone to it in the alternate time/reality?

The confession dial was kinda cool - typical Timelord technology - it was bigger on the inside :)

The exact wording from the 50th was that Gallifrey would be suspended in a pocket universe. It turns out it was literally a pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I loved the Tardis bits but they confused the hell out of the kids. They reminded me of Hannibal Lecter's use of his Memory Palace. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I saw this somewhere but has anyone heard about the next possible doctor?
    as this is Capaldi final season as the doctor that they may show the next doctor in the Christmas special (something like Neil Morrisey) but will be the actual next doctor?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've rewatched this episode numerous times since it was aired. It's just an utterly, utterly fantastic bit of television.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I saw this somewhere but has anyone heard about the next possible doctor?
    as this is Capaldi final season as the doctor that they may show the next doctor in the Christmas special (something like Neil Morrisey) but will be the actual next doctor?

Everyone knows the next doctor will be middle-eastern looking, with an African accent, of Asian descent and non-binary gender who is wheelchair bound.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Penn wrote: »
    I've rewatched this episode numerous times since it was aired. It's just an utterly, utterly fantastic bit of television.

Arguably one of the best, if not the best, episode of the show since it came back in 2005. And definitely an inspired piece of TV, regardless of genre. Still think the 'original' Doctor is technically dead and we're just now following a many-billionth copy ;)

Advertisement