Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

House insurance for protected structure

• 27-11-2015 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

HI all,

I'm about to buy a house in Monkstown in Dublin. It was built in the 1880's and it is a protected structure. The normal house insurance guys don't insure these types of houses. Does anyone know an insurance company that provides competitive quotes to insure this type of house ??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Sea point wrote: »
    HI all,

I'm about to buy a house in Monkstown in Dublin. It was built in the 1880's and it is a protected structure. The normal house insurance guys don't insure these types of houses. Does anyone know an insurance company that provides competitive quotes to insure this type of house ??

Thanks

Hiscox Insurance through a good broker. They don't deal direct with the public

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sea point

Thanks I will give them a try. Are they the only company out there insuring houses that are both over 100 years old and on the record of protected structures ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Thanks I will give them a try. Are they the only company out there insuring houses that are both over 100 years old and on the record of protected structures ?

I think Chubb Ireland do it too, again through a broker only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

HI all,

Thanks

Hickey, Clarke & Langan who are a brokers based in Donegal used to be good for nonstandard properties, I presume they still are bit I havnt dealt with them in a couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi Sea point,

Janet here from the Bank of Ireland talk to forum.

I just noticed your post and thought we may be able to help. We may be able to offer cover subject to a questionnaire; the main criteria from our point of view would be, has the house been re-roofed, re-wired or re-plumbed within the last 20 years.

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch or drop by our forum here.

Thanks,

Janette

• Advertisement

Hi Janet.

Thanks for your post.

Yes the house was re-roofed, re-wired, and re-plumbed recently.

Is there a good number to call the home insurance people at bank of Ireland ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi Sea Point,

Thanks for coming back to us.

If you would like us to arrange a call back from our Home Insurance team, please send a PM with your name, address and phone number.
    Alternatively, you can call 08180200351 and a colleague will happily help you with a quote.

Thanks

Janette

Advertisement