Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 RTE Drama: Rebellion - no spoilers please (mod warning in post #1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Not sure its bullying is it? It reads like back seat modding, though I doubt this was intentional.

Well I see it as bullying. Mainly because I don't really know what "back seat modding" is - newish to Boards.

Anyway, I have made my point and will comment no more about it. And we wonder why there was a civil war :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Not sure its bullying is it? It reads like back seat modding, though I doubt this was intentional.

Not intentional back seat modding, no.

I just see no reason for someone to continuously post in a thread for a TV show that they clearly hate when they have nothing to add beyond the same 3/4 complaints over and over. Other than to wind people up.

Also I find it amazing the amount of actual abuse that's been thrown around by some posters in this thread and mine are the ones that people want to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Not intentional back seat modding, no.

I just see no reason for someone to continuously post in a thread for a TV show that they clearly hate when they have nothing to add beyond the same 3/4 complaints over and over. Other than to wind people up.

So is this thread for positive comments only. Are those that think the show has been very poor not allowed to express that opinion
    I think your mask slipped a bit there old chap.
    Anyhow let's see what tonight's offering brings
    It's so bad I genuinely can't wait
    See you later

So is this thread for positive comments only. Are those that think the show has been very poor not allowed to express that opinion
    I think your mask slipped a bit there old chap.
    Anyhow let's see what tonight's offering brings
    It's so bad I genuinely can't wait
    See you later

If you got that from my post you misread it deliberately.

And I'd question how much of the thread you've actually paid attention to as I don't think there's one single person who has only had positive things to say about it.

There are faults and problems with the show. Many posters have expressed what, in their opinion, they are.

You seem to have an inability to accept that not everyone shares your opinion of Rebellion and also incapable of engaging in rational discussion with anyone who questions your opinion. Is this only a thread for negative comments?

I

There are faults and problems with the show.

You seem to have an inability to accept that not everyone shares your opinion of Rebellion and also incapable of engaging in rational discussion with anyone who questions your opinion.

Good of you to accept the obvious problems with the show. My time on here has not been wasted.

" Incapable of engaging in rational discussion"
    My word that is a sweeping statement. I am the most rational sensible person you could meet and your assertion really reflects badly on you.

Can you please desist from the personal abuse. It is however a sure sign that you are losing the argument.
    And believe it or not I didn't know we were having an argument, from now on I will ignore your posts. I do think that is for the best

• Advertisement

I

There are faults and problems with the show.

You seem to have an inability to accept that not everyone shares your opinion of Rebellion and also incapable of engaging in rational discussion with anyone who questions your opinion.

Good of you to accept the obvious problems with the show. My time on here has not been wasted.

" Incapable of engaging in rational discussion"
    My word that is a sweeping statement. I am the most rational sensible person you could meet and your assertion really reflects badly on you.

Can you please desist from the personal abuse. It is however a sure sign that you are losing the argument.
    And believe it or not I didn't know we were having an argument, from now on I will ignore your posts. I do think that is for the best

Fine. Ignore me. I'll return the favour after this.

Don't accuse me of abuse when I am clearly not abusing you. I disagree with your opinions and I don't like the repetitive nature of your posts. That's it.

My posts are about as abusive as yours have been.

" Give it a rest"
    " Mindless and baseless"
    " Incapable of rational argument"

No abuse there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

MOD

I'm on the mobile so will deal with all later.
    Quit the bickering now. And I'd suggest some of the last few posters take a break from posting for the next few hours.

Edit.
    Multiple warnings have been given.
    I'd suggest that people make use of the Ignore List - if you hover or click on a user you can put them on Ignore and you will not see their posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Wow, cards all over the place (and Fergus McFadden isnt even posting (afaik)).
    Rebellions are always bloody...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mod

Ok let's get back on topic. And play nicely! It's just a tv show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,037 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Seems a very unpleasant "G man" called Detective Coleman is going to take centre stage tonight.

In fairness to the show, I think they've redressed the balance a good bit already by showing that the response to the Rising from the authorities is both harsh and completely over the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I have to say I'm looking forward to tonight. I know I've been critical of the quality of the drama, but it's certainly improved slightly as it went on, maybe they can finish on a strong note.

It will be interesting to see how they wrap it up, how much they've decided to resolve and how much to leave open for a possible 2nd series.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Seems a very unpleasant "G man" called Detective Coleman is going to take centre stage tonight.

Steve Wall's character. He's been lurking since episode 1, the sneaky little lurker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,037 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

maudgonner wrote: »
    I have to say I'm looking forward to tonight. I know I've been critical of the quality of the drama, but it's certainly improved slightly as it went on, maybe they can finish on a strong note.

It will be interesting to see how they wrap it up, how much they've decided to resolve and how much to leave open for a possible 2nd series.

They've definitely loads of material for a second series. What happens with May and her unborn child for example and does Arthur survive the war? Seems certain Frances and Jimmy will eventually get involved with Sinn Fein but it's unclear what direction Elizabeth will go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

If only the show was longer. 5 shows are not enough to tell the tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

You wouldn't want to stretch it too long though, or you'd inevitably have some boring episodes. I mean they're an hour long right? (or 50 minutes odd) so thats like, 10 regular sized episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭lukin

****e ep,thank God for the Sunday papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Finger prints? No finger prints until 1928??!

Actually humble pie.. i stand corrected :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

So May will possibly give her baby to him to safe herself. Poor baby

You wouldn't want to stretch it too long though, or you'd inevitably have some boring episodes. I mean they're an hour long right? (or 50 minutes odd) so thats like, 10 regular sized episodes.

On the other hand you can develop more characters over a 10 episode span akin to a show like The Wire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,449 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

O/T, but I swear if I see much more of that pig ad, I won't be responsible for my actions. ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭lukin

What in the name of God did they do with Steve Wall's cheekbones?You'd need a stepladder to reach them.

That one from the tenement, gleesons sister in law, has to be the worst actress ever,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

On the other hand you can develop more characters over a 10 episode span akin to a show like The Wire

Well yeah, but the wire and stuff like it probably had better writers.

A development over time i would expect there to be is to have Jimmy as pro Treaty and Arthur turn on the Brits and become anti treaty

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭weadick

I was hoping it might finish on a high, but this is possibly the worst episode of the lot so far...

Well yeah, but the wire and stuff like it probably had better writers.

Sometimes though you need that more leg room with finance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

weadick wrote: »
    I was hoping it might finish on a high, but this is possibly the worst episode of the lot so far...

It's painful stuff. Not sure why I am watching it anymore.

Thank god its over. It was laughably bad.
    Terrible pity though
    It deserved a better effort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I really wanted to like it but the May/Frances kiss and the black panther salute finished me off. Terrible ending.

Advertisement