Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to become a counsellor?

Options
  • 27-11-2015 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi, Im in 6th year and I have to fill out my cao in a few weeks time. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to become a councellor? what course to do in college and the rest. Is it easy to find a job as a counsellor? etc. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are many different types of counsellor. I suppose a basic for most of them would be a psychology degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

eschmidt wrote: »
    Hi, Im in 6th year and I have to fill out my cao in a few weeks time. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to become a councellor? what course to do in college and the rest. Is it easy to find a job as a counsellor? etc. Thanks

A guidance counsellor? where would you like to work? There are so many different types as has been previously said

• Registered Users Posts: 30 eschmidt

law counselor

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Oh - you mean counsellor as used in American courts? I believe the equivalent here would be a barrister, so a law degree at a minimum.

Advertisement