Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help re Xbox 360 elite hard drive

Options
  • 27-11-2015 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭

Quick question. My Xbox black 360 elite got the 3 red lights of death a while back. I've managed to get another working elite 360 machine.

Can I simply take my old elite harddrive out and whack it into the working elite 360 to keep my saves etc or are the harddrives tagged to the 360 they were sold in???? Thanks in advance. I couldn't handle another bricked console.

And I'm assuming that the 3 red lights of death wouldn't be caused by a hard drive issue???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I think you should be ok to put the harddrive into the new one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just swap the drives over. I think there used to be an issue with licenses, but I don't think that still applies any more. You'd just transfer them over anyway.

Also, all your saves should be saving to the cloud as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Thanks lads. I will give it a shout. There was no cloud saving for me as my 360 wasn't connect to the Internet at the time it was working.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Just to confirm no major issues. Had to delete and reload the games to harddrive for some reason as otherwise they were playing loud like a Concorde taking off but my saves etc were fine. I forgot just how Loud the 360s could be. (Original elite black jobs)

Anyways a bit of gears or war, burnout paradise and most impressive Alan wake. I love tHe feel of that game.

Tested a ps4 today and wasn't that impressed. Ived got a PS3, wi u, and 360 again now and tbh couldn't really see the big jump in technology.

Advertisement