Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester City vs Manchester United Match Thread 28/11/15 17.30 Sky Sports.

Comments

• We should have won that....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

gosplan wrote: »
    Dear Jesus. After 10 good games or so with a very defensive midfielder in front of him?

It's been nearly a year now. Who might this very good defensive midfielder be?

• gosplan wrote: »
    Dear Jesus. After 10 good games or so with a very defensive midfielder in front of him?

Lol try 12+ months before you start raving with your ten games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

1st v 2nd. Sheesh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    We should have won that....

Still crap to watch and won't win anything playing like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Chris smalling the best defender in the league and arguably the best in Europe

I'll bite..

Smalling is not nearly the best defender in the league. LvG's tactics and having 2 DM's in front and a world class GK behind makes his job easier than most other CB's.

City's record with vs without Kompany makes me believe he is the best in the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Possibly but didnt create enough for me to deserve to win it. Leicester created one great chance in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

One can understand the sentiment as Smalling as been one of the few reasons for Utd fans to show any excitement this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Enjoyable game and a fair result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Lovren best CB in the league and possibly Europe IMO.

He's played 18 games this season and was v solid last season. I'd say that's what Jesus would reply to you with

• I'll bite..

Smalling is not nearly the best defender in the league. LvG's tactics and having 2 DM's in front and a world class GK behind makes his job easier than most other CB's.

City's record with vs without Kompany makes me believe he is the best in the PL.
    You will bite at what?

He's the best in the league for well over the last year

Suddenly other players are responsible for his performances

His reading of the game has been exceptional. Nothing got to do with who plays in front of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

You will bite at what?

He's the best in the league for well over the last year

Suddenly other players are responsible for his performances

His reading of the game has been exceptional. Nothing got to do with who plays in front of him

Ryz9iJi.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

ScummyMan wrote: »
    It's been nearly a year now. Who might this very good defensive midfielder be?

Autocorrect, should have been 'defensive midfield'

Best in Europe is an astonishingly biased call. Anyone impartial with a clue laughs right there.

• niallo27 wrote: »
    Possibly but didnt create enough for me to deserve to win it. Leicester created one great chance in the second half.
    Rooney missed a simple header
    And Memphis had a great chance but ****ed it up with his first touch

• Advertisement

Autocorrect, should have been 'defensive midfield'

Best in Europe is an astonishingly biased call. Anyone impartial with a clue laughs right there.
    Bulssshiiittt

I said arguably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

And Ulloa missed the best chance of them all. United didn't create enough to win that game. Draw was fair.

I agree Smalling is the best in the league by far at the moment. Playing world class stuff.

Leicester created a few openings in the first half too. Draw was a fair result for me. Utd the better team probably but creating very little.

Bulssshiiittt

I said arguably

Yes because saying 'arguably best in Europe' is so different from saying 'best in Europe'. Who'd be doing the arguing out of curiosity? Smalling's mam?

Yes because saying 'arguably best in Europe' is so different from saying 'best in Europe'. Who'd be doing the arguing out of curiosity?
    Gosplan

So are still sticking to your 10 games theory?

And the mystical mind defender telling smalling what to do

oh yea sorry his name is Mike and it's his alter ego

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Can't wait for everyone to go on about Martin Tyler's 'bias' towards Jamie Vardy after their embarrassing display regarding Martial.

Oh wait, it won't happen, will it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Utd owned the ball.

I still never felt a goal was coming.

You can't just keep the ball endlessly, give it wide, pit in crosses to two people against 6, and say you were dominant and deserved to win.

Yet I suspect that's exactly what LVG thinks.

Chris smalling the best defender in the league and arguably the best in Europe

tumblr_inline_noqqga1hIm1spun5n_500.gif

Gosplan

So are still sticking to your 10 games theory?

And the mystical mind defender telling smalling what to do

oh yea sorry his name is Mike and it's his alter ego

I'm still sticking to my 'this is ridiculously bias claptrap' theory. Discussing it with you would be a massive waste of time

Last time I had this conversation on this thread, it was when Phil Jones was being called 'the best young defender in the world' after a few dozen game for Blackburn - that was better than Hummels and Thiago Silva.

If that was pointless, so is this.

The equivalent is me saying Kos is best in league and Europe. Probably even more merit, but I know that's stretching my love of Arsenal a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Bull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I'm still sticking to my 'this is ridiculously bias claptrap' theory. Discussing it with you would be a massive waste of time

Last time I had this conversation on this thread, it was when Phil Jones was being called 'the best young defender in the world' after a few dozen game for Blackburn - that was better than Hummels and Thiago Silva.

The equivalent is me saying Kos is best in league and Europe. Probably even more merit, but I know that's stretching my love of Arsenal a bit.

Smalling has been unbelievably good for the last 12 months. If you don't like the term used, we can go with one of the most in-form defenders in Europe. But we are basically all just really happy that a guy with so much talent but was a perpetual sick note has managed to get his **** together. You'll understand if Wilshere ever manages it :p

Faugheen wrote: »
    Can't wait for everyone to go on about Martin Tyler's 'bias' towards Jamie Vardy after their embarrassing display regarding Martial.

Oh wait, it won't happen, will it?

He just broke a premier league record, of course he is going to get excited. The Martial reaction was just a bit odd. It was like he just scored a last minute winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

niallo27 wrote: »
    He just broke a premier league record, of course he is going to get excited. The Martial reaction was just a bit odd. It was like he just scored a last minute winner.

Again, it is all about context and narratives, rather than bias. Tyler loves a narrative. Accept it.

Good for you then
    And vice versa discussing it with you and your 10+ games ****e

Well he was the new teenage sensation that cost a lot of money, who most people heard little OT nothing about, who came on and scored a good goal in a bit game, arguably the biggest rivalry in England. Reaction was acceptable imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

More points dropped waheey!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Did Vardy always have this pace pre Leicester City?

For a 28 year old he runs like a 19 year old, unreal

Yeah, but Martial wasn't well known, cost a lot of money, came on, beat a couple of players and scored on his debut, against Liverpool at Old Trafford nonetheless.

People were calling for Tyler to be sacked over that.

Once again, it's one rule for some, one for others, and your post has just demonstrated that.

I've nothing against his reaction to Vardy btw, just like nobody else does, but when you gauge how people jumped on his back for 'bias' in the past, and ignore it this time, it shows that it's just a United thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Is the referee allowed to blow up early, when one team was in the attack ?
    Seemed quite odd to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Seemed quite odd to me.

Well they're not allowed blow up early, they're supposed to play 90 minutes, accounting for stoppages or whatever so it's obviously more than 90, but the fact that a team is attacking doesn't come into it. That is a rule in rugby, not football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Faugheen wrote: »
    Yeah, but Martial wasn't well known, cost a lot of money, came on, beat a couple of players and scored on his debut, against Liverpool at Old Trafford nonetheless.

People were calling for Tyler to be sacked over that.

Once again, it's one rule for some, one for others, and your post has just demonstrated that.

I've nothing against his reaction to Vardy btw, just like nobody else does, but when you gauge how people jumped on his back for 'bias' in the past, and ignore it this time, it shows that it's just a United thing.

Strange little hang up you've got going on here, but why would people 'ignore it this time'. Are people meant to complain every time Tyler goes above a certain decible when commentating on a goal.

Everybody was waiting for that moment. It's an historical Premier League goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

monkey9 wrote: »
    Strange little hang up you've got going on here, but why would people 'ignore it this time'. Are people meant to complain every time Tyler goes above a certain decible when commentating on a goal.

Everybody was waiting for that moment. It's an historical Premier League goal.

The only thing strange was the whinging little babies crying over it when it was Martial.

The only thing strange was the whinging little babies crying over it when it was Martial.

Don't remember that. Not saying it didn't happen, but i must have missed all that.

But if you're going to compare a goal as justification of people not complaining when Tyler goes mad, Vardy's goal was not it.

Don't remember that. Not saying it didn't happen, but i must have missed all that.

But if you're going to compare a goal as justification of people not complaining when Tyler goes mad, Vardy's goal was not it.

It doesn't need justifying.

• Advertisement

It doesn't need justifying.

Why bring it up at all though. He must have been sitting on that for a good while waiting for Tyler to shout at a goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm going to guess your club loyalty based on that comment.

He does the same with Liverpool players so I don't think it was a dig at Utd tbh.

Why bring it up at all though. He must have been sitting on that for a good while waiting for Tyler to shout at a goal.

I don't think you need to be sitting on anything. Tyler loses his shít over Vardy, guy remembers the hissy fits when he did the same over Martial and mentions it in thread. You seem to be the one making the big deal out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

The mask is slipping.

oooooh_by_shevvy101-d68863u.png

I don't think you need to be sitting on anything. Tyler loses his shít over Vardy, guy remembers the hissy fits when he did the same over Martial and mentions it in thread. You seem to be the one making the big deal out of it.

Exactly this.

I've no issue with the way Martin Tyler commentates. It's been part and parcel of some of the best moments we've seen in English football (and this moment is one of them).

What I do have a problem with is morons calling him biased when he does it with Martial (Search the forum for 'Tyler' and go to 'Newest first' and you'll see what I mean) and saying nothing when he does it with Vardy, or Aguero. He'll lose his **** ever so slightly with a United player in the future and the nonsense will start again.

• Advertisement

• CSF wrote: »
    Well they're not allowed blow up early, they're supposed to play 90 minutes, accounting for stoppages or whatever so it's obviously more than 90, but the fact that a team is attacking doesn't come into it. That is a rule in rugby, not football.

Added time was agreed as 2 minutes but the ref still ended the match prematurely in the middle of a utd attack 30 seconds early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

There's no justifying this, united are a joke, probably the worst I've seen them in my life time and that's including the Moyes era. You I laugh when I see Lvg as the manager, I laugh at his signings I laugh at it formation I laugh at his tactics. The guy is an out and out chancer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Seemed quite odd to me.

Is it not a case of common sense though? The ref was probably thinking that allowing more of uniteds exciting "to the side, to the side, and back again, and back again" attacking style might cause alot of people to miss christmas dinner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

The one thing I gathered from watching this match is that neither of these teams will be top of the league come May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Oranage2 wrote: »
    There's no justifying this, united are a joke, probably the worst I've seen them in my life time and that's including the Moyes era. You I laugh when I see Lvg as the manager, I laugh at his signings I laugh at it formation I laugh at his tactics. The guy is an out and out chancer!

He's ahead of Arsenal, genius.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement