Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester City vs Manchester United Match Thread 28/11/15 17.30 Sky Sports.

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

SlickRic wrote: »
    He's ahead of Arsenal, genius.

It was posted at 3:29 am, he obviously had one too many cosmo's last night and decided to try the seagull approach as he doesn't get much traction in the Liverpool threads anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think a few of you dont realise the nuances that go along with televised coverage. Bias doesnt come into it. It's professionalism.

Tyler would have known the record breaking goal would have been coming and would have spent some time pre-match working out what he would say. It wasnt off the cuff, it was prepared because he knew the soundbite would be played over and over again.

Every time Gerrards smash is shown and you hear Andy Gray's "Oh you Beauty!" or when Aguero's last minute goal against QPR is shown "I swear you will never see anything like this ever again!" and so on. We've all heard them a bunch of times.

Tyler prepared his lines and delivered them. You will notice Garry Neville didnt say a word during the celebration because he would have been told not to by his producer. "We need a clean audio package to accompany the pictures that will be shown in the future on our ads. Please dont Torres gizz okay?"

It sounds manufactured and it is but thats how television works. Going into every game he would have snippets written down just like he had with Martials debut goal. Talk of Tyler being biased are childish, naive and demonstrare a lack of understanding of how the job works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Faugheen wrote: »
    Exactly this.

I've no issue with the way Martin Tyler commentates. It's been part and parcel of some of the best moments we've seen in English football (and this moment is one of them).

What I do have a problem with is morons calling him biased when he does it with Martial (Search the forum for 'Tyler' and go to 'Newest first' and you'll see what I mean) and saying nothing when he does it with Vardy, or Aguero. He'll lose his **** ever so slightly with a United player in the future and the nonsense will start again.

Again, you're using ridiculous examples.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

monkey9 wrote: »
    Again, you're using ridiculous examples.

How? He got excited over those goals, and rightly so, just like he rightly got excited by Martial's goal.

Have you searched back through using the instructions I used in that post or do you simply agree that he was biased?

Faugheen wrote: »
    How? He got excited over those goals, and rightly so, just like he rightly got excited by Martial's goal.

Have you searched back through using the instructions I used in that post or do you simply agree that he was biased?

Aguero scoring the most famous Premier League winning goal and Vardy scoring the record breaking Premier League goal is vastly different from Martial scoring the last goal in a three one win.

But sure look it, M!ck has thanked your post, Nib probably agrees with you as well so i think that's solved the whole debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Surely the United fans were totally outraged at this.
    "He shudda bin sacked"

http://youtu.be/5UkBb_7PPd8

Surely the United fans were totally outraged at this.
    "He shudda bin sacked"

http://youtu.be/5UkBb_7PPd8

Another silly example. And you went looking for that?? Jaysis. But look, M!ck and Nib will nod approvingly.

Cracking post though, Flint. I enjoyed that.

Another silly example. And you went looking for that?? Jaysis. But look, M!ck and Nib will nod approvingly.

A goal to make it 2-0 in the first half. It's not breaking records and it's not winning a league so what's silly about it? And why do you care so much about what other posters thank? Weird.

A goal to make it 2-0 in the first half. It's not breaking records and it's not winning a league so what's silly about it? And why do you care so much about what other posters thank? Weird.

I don't really, but they are a cute couple.

And look at the bloody goal ffs. That's a cracking goal. Just look at it. No wonder Tyler goes apesh!t.

• Advertisement

I don't really, but they are a cute couple.

And look at the bloody goal ffs. That's a cracking goal. Just look at it. No wonder Tyler goes apesh!t.

Martial's was class, first game after a big money move, scores the goal that finishes the game against the biggest rivals. Can you not see why the reaction was similar?

Martial's was class, first game after a big money move, scores the goal that finishes the game against the biggest rivals. Can you not see why the reaction was similar?

Not really. But i don't think we're going to agree here. In fact, i don't really care what Martin Tyler says at whatever level of sound he says it at. I didn't mean for this to go on and on, i just thought it was a strange hang up for the original poster to complain about. He could have chosen a more appropriate goal as an example.

So one more for Vardy to equal the overall records of 12?

What an achievement by him and Leicester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Oranage2 wrote: »
    There's no justifying this, united are a joke, probably the worst I've seen them in my life time and that's including the Moyes era. You I laugh when I see Lvg as the manager, I laugh at his signings I laugh at it formation I laugh at his tactics. The guy is an out and out chancer!

Lol. Everytime you come along with these posts your own team mucks up. Have a Norwich bae

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    So one more for Vardy to equal the overall records of 12?

What an achievement by him and Leicester

Held by an Irish man too,I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Nalz wrote: »
    Lol. Everytime you come along with these posts your own team mucks up. Have a Norwich bae

Ha. I was thinking the same earlier. It's uncanny. When he comes in all Billy big balls you just know Arsenal are gonna **** up.

Congratulations Jamie Vardy.

370141.jpg

Congratulations Jamie Vardy.

370141.jpg

Uncanny.

Uncanny.

It's the stamp of him :D

• Advertisement

• monkey9 wrote: »

And the 'turd' will do the same. How hilarious you gang are

Thanking a post is now an issue

Humour me some more please

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    And the 'turd' will do the same. How hilarious you gang are

Thanking a post is now an issue

Humour me some more please

No.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement