Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford politicians ... F U

Options
  • 28-11-2015 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I've now been working away from home (Waterford) effectively for 5 years . I always look on irish times and Irish independent every day ... Headlines today " huge investment in cork and limerick " you fn bastsrds ... Let's face it .... Waterford is the **** on county . We have never counted . John Haliligan ... It's time to go on hunger strike and chain yourself to the gates of Leinster house .... That's why I voted for you !!!! Would that interfere with your personal comforts at this stage ???? Why is it that Waterford is the least respected county in Irish politics ? Waterford politicians ... I've been away from my family for 5 years because of you ... Shame on you . Obviously if I was from Dublin , cork, Limerick or Galway I could be home with my family.... Hope you're enjoying the good wine Waterford td's you've left so many of us down ... No wonder we can't win an all Ireland ... We have no leaders to inspire us or to look up to ... Waterford I love you ... I promise my home town that cheap Leinster house wine and expenses would not change me... Hang on didn't all our Waterford politicians say that ?Shame on all Waterford politicians .... I have lived away from my family because of you all .... Your spouses , your kids ... Shame on you all for being bought off ... Waterford I love you. And will I promise you I will never waver unlike ALL our present politicians . I'm from the heart of the town and Waterford is part of my heart .... You Waterford county ppl that vote Ff or FG because your parents did ... Happy ? Job done ? We voted independent because we were left down so often by Ff and FG and it's still the same ... Up the Deise . Wish I had a job at home to say that ... Seems that privilege is reserved for Dublin , Cork,Limerick,Galway people.... Us Waterfordians don't count .... Nothin new there then ....as my post title says FU Waterford politicians an F us Waterford people for voting for them ... we're pissed on from the top always ... Our politicians settle for the scraps from the table ... This translates to our hurling teams thinking "that's what Waterford" expects ... Waterford please Awake

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Who elected the Waterford politicians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Rule number 1 of the Internet never post whilst under the influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

If you feel that strongly, why don't you come home and make something happen instead of posting drunken (I hope) rants on the Internet that at best 50 people will see...?

Maybe chain yourself to the gates of Leinster house instead of expecting John Halligan to do it for you- that's NOT what politicians are elected for.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Stay where ever you are Ned, we dont need that kind of aggression here dud!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Nothing more depressing than a Facebook protest on Ballybricken, in the rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭invara

Drunk or not.... there is a fair bit of truth in what Scaldy Ned says. 22,000 marched in the Waterford gives a shirt campaign, about the hospital being handed over to Cork, the fact that FG/Labour ditched their promise to create a university once in power, and the more general lack of investment in Waterford.... nothing really happened.

We did get a new IDA manager in the region, WEST pharma was another win, good things are happening in the Viking Triangle. But the hospital and WIT are still being badly molested by central government. So the anger is justified. As Mick Walsh the city manager says (in exasperation), we are too gentle a people.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

id be inclined to agree, im out of waterford since 2009 and have zero prospects of relocating back here in employment terms due to the sheer lack of professional oppourtunity.

its a thundering disgrace frankly.

nothing more depressing then leaving your family and loved ones each sunday evening to head back to your place of work on your own or alternatively you can travel up the monday inflicting a 12-14 hour working day including commute on yourself.

i left in 2009 thinking id get back in 2012/13 im now facing into 2016 with no prospects of getting back home!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Ah lads, if you think Waterford has it bad then go to Carlow or Tipperary. Job losses after job losses even in a so-called 'recovery'.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭invara

Faugheen wrote: »
    Ah lads, if you think Waterford has it bad then go to Carlow or Tipperary. Job losses after job losses even in a so-called 'recovery'.

Its a regional thing, and because we cannot hang together (Wexford, Carlow, Tipp, Kilkenny and Waterford), we are getting carved up.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

invara wrote: »
    Its a regional thing, and because we cannot hang together (Wexford, Carlow, Tipp, Kilkenny and Waterford), we are getting carved up.

Wexford, Waterford and Kilkenny are doing fine (well, in the grand scheme of things), it's Carlow and Tipp that are being left behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

invara wrote: »
    Drunk or not.... there is a fair bit of truth in what Scaldy Ned says. 22,000 marched in the Waterford gives a shirt campaign, about the hospital being handed over to Cork, the fact that FG/Labour ditched their promise to create a university once in power, and the more general lack of investment in Waterford.... nothing really happened.

We did get a new IDA manager in the region, WEST pharma was another win, good things are happening in the Viking Triangle. But the hospital and WIT are still being badly molested by central government. So the anger is justified. As Mick Walsh the city manager says (in exasperation), we are too gentle a people.

She is a Kilkenny woman, living in Kilkenny. The jobs will come pouring in.....

........Why am I hearing maniacal laughing and the name 'Phil Hogan'?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Scaldy Ned

Yes I concede that when I started this post .... Id had a few beers .but not now . Just in from an evening shift in Sheffield., great place , great people .... Salt of the earth ....I am what you might be ! Middle aged , working away from my kids and grandkids to pay the bills. I feel that if I was from Dublin , Limerick , cork or edicGalway I'd have. Choices that I don't have because I'm from Waterford...? But don't worry Ff and fg .... It's only Waterford guys ... You'll still be elected.

Me and hundreds like me are suffering because Waterford is considered " easy" and predictable .... John halligan ... I voted for you ... I've been in England for two years .... Waterford is still not mentioned in the irish. Papers online ...have you fallen into the trap and taken us for granted ?? If so well then that's what we deserve ... When us waterfordians actually believe we're worth something well somethingi might r you happen for us........ I'm embarrassed for our politicians .... Look at the business news on the Irish papers and Waterford never ****ing ever gets a mention .... John Halligan and the dungarvan dynasty entitlement guy ... Things good for you ? Dáil Éireann paying for good pressies for you'r kids ? ...wish I wAs from Dublin , cork or limerick ... Loads of jobs there it seems....

Happy Christmas from England to all Waterford politicians kids ... I'm sure you're parents have reassured you they're looking after Waterford people !!!! For. My 2nd Xmas away from home because all the jobs are going to Dublin cork and Limerick ....... Up the deise .... Our politicians obviously feel we're not worth fighting for but hey .... That's what we do here right ..... Hey ... Martin Cullen put Waterford on the map .. Right ? ... He fully deserves the penthouse overlooking the park ..... Right ???? .... Rant over .... Fully expecting ff and fg organised rebuke tomorrow ....... Be good waerfordians now and when they tell you disregard this post ..... You be sure and do so ok .... Up the deise !!!! If that's ok with Dublin , cork And Limerick politicians ????

We in Waterford apologise for being the oldest city in the country and ending up having the weakest politicians in the country .... **** it I'm goin to bed.... I want to come home but I'm not from Dublin cork or limerick... So unfortunately I can't ... In the two years I've been away have we got anyone in the cabinet yet ... Or is it still thought it's only fn Waterford we take them for granted !!! . Hey don't panic John Haliligan is here .... Jeeeeesus loom how that's worked out 😞😞😞😞😞😞😞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

It seems, drunk or sober, you can't make head nor tail of proper grammar and punctuation.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Scaldy Ned, I've edited your most recent post to make it easier for people to read as its just a wall of text otherwise.

If you could please break your wall of text into paragraphs in future it would enable people to read your posts much easier,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

You do know you could just fly home for Xmas so you actually can be there for your family. I get why you are pissed off but you rants on here are not going to change nothing. Come home for Xmas if you can make a great holiday for your family and go back refreshed knowing your brave enough to work away while without your family. Don't be focusing your anger on the political idiots in this country as f all will change. Life is what you make it you won't live if somebody else tries to make it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Hi Ned
    If you can't see Waterford or Waterford jobs mentioned anywhere in Irish news , then you may be looking in the wrong places .

Go to Google news and search for Waterford , then at the bottom of webpage , you can create an alert , and each time Waterford is in the news , you will receive an email.

Also check out waterfordjob.ie and Hartleypeople , as there are always jobs coming through in Waterford / South-east.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

ned limerick people are in the same boat as waterford, it is probably in worse condition than waterfords one

Advertisement