Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retraining to project management

Options
  • 28-11-2015 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am looking to retrain towards a project management based career. I am a qualified refrigeration engineer, have been working with the same company for 17 years so have a lot of hands on experience.
    I am trying to find out the best route possible to take to enhance my career. I would need to study on line whilst working. I was also wondering if there are any companies that would hire you and train you also. I would welcome any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I think Prince2 is the qualification to have, so look up courses in that area.

Another one is the PMP certification, but I am not so sure as to how well recognised that is in industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Brianf78

Thanks for the reply Tom.
    Still researching as there appears to be numerous versions online

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

PMP and PRINCE2 are highly recognised. Bear in mind that you will need to have a certain number of certified hours of experience in order to be eligible to sit the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Brianf78

Thanks for the message dudara.
    Didn't think of doing some work experience before sitting exams. I was just thinking of gaining some knowledge in pm before looking for work.
    Would any companies hire people without much experience and leave them learn and sit exams along the way or is it expected that you should have 3rd level qualifications before hiring you.
    Anymore posts would be appreciated.

Advertisement