Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In jail with a turkey riddle

Options
  • 28-11-2015 5:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

I saw this riddle online a few years ago but never found the solution, hopefully someone here may know the answer. Possibly a very obvious answer that I can't see.

A man has been sentenced to death and is waiting in his cell. The prison officer comes in and puts a turkey into the cell. He tells the man that he has to kill the turkey but however he kills the turkey is how the man himself will be killed. How does he kill the turkey so that he himself will survive the execution when it's done to him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

A turkey is a lot smaller than a human, so perhaps give it a small dose of something lethal which would only make the man sick.

'One man's meat is another turkey's poison', so feed the turkey something that will kill it but is fine for humans. Possibly turkey meat :)

F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Chop off his wings and beak, both of which the prisoner doesn't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

I fear I am going to join the gruesome brigade

Pluck of the feathers and force feed the turkey the feathers with such urgency that it suffocates

This world is truly cruel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

I wonder if we can answer this riddle with less cruelty or is it intrinsic?

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

throw the bird off the roof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

XR3i wrote: »
    throw the bird off the roof

That's how turkey prisoners sentenced to death kill men so that they, the turkey, survive :)

F.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

I know the answer but I don't want to spoil the puzzle for others. I can pm if anyone wants to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

I fear I am going to join the gruesome brigade

Pluck of the feathers and force feed the turkey the feathers with such urgency that it suffocates

This world is truly cruel :D

That's some lateral thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

freida wrote: »
    I know the answer but I don't want to spoil the puzzle for others. I can pm if anyone wants to know.

I'd like the answer please

• Registered Users Posts: 59,604 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Eat the turkey?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

freida wrote: »

Put it in spoiler tags

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

The answer is
    he chooses that the turkey die of old age, so win-win

Advertisement