Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk about Spy cam

• 28-11-2015 6:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there,

I want to ask something about spy cam. It starts when I found a campaign at Kickstarter called Spycup which can be used along with iPhone to record something without anyone knowing. I then start to look for another kind of spy cam, and guess what, they have cool design. I mean, the shapes are very stealthy. I guess just few if not no one know that those are cameras. The only thing I want to know is whether is it legal or not, to use them to secretly recording people? I think it looks like intruding people's privacy. What do you think about this, guys? Thanks. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Why do you want to secretly record people?
    There are lots of companies in Ireland selling spy cameras.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Mattyking

you mean spy camera or surveillance camera? there is no lack of cameras in the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

It's illegal in certain cases to record people. On your property, not so much, but it'd be wise to tell people you trust you have a camera operating for their own awareness.

I wouldn't "accidentally" leave your cup (or whatever it is) where people may be changing such as bathrooms, bedrooms, changing rooms etc...

You can't record into a neighbours property etc

Advertisement