Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plagiarism Checker

Options
  • 28-11-2015 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if there is a sub-site on the TCD website that offers a plagiarism checker like UCD's SafeAssign?
    With having to submit a plagiarism disclaimer coversheet on every assignment these days I'm curious as to what is considered plagiarism as opposed to quoting sources? I had a look at some of the free ones online but they only seem to check up to 1000 words and being free I suspect are not very thorough.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Dunno about the TCD website, but back in the day we (psychology dept) submitted through turnitin.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

Supercell wrote: »
    Just wondering if there is a sub-site on the TCD website that offers a plagiarism checker like UCD's SafeAssign?
    With having to submit a plagiarism disclaimer coversheet on every assignment these days I'm curious as to what is considered plagiarism as opposed to quoting sources? I had a look at some of the free ones online but they only seem to check up to 1000 words and being free I suspect are not very thorough.

Turnitin and there's also a Turnitin tool built into Blackboard afaik

Advertisement