Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale completed two months ago, solicitor seeking more money

Options
2»

Comments

If it was me I wouldn't pay it, tough luck if they can't add up the bill correctly when they sent it out it the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

foggy_lad wrote: »
    What if the op decides the standard and level of accounting from the solicitor is not good enough and complains to the law society? That is something I would be doing if a solicitor- a professional person looked for "more" after their bill was settled with a full & final payment.

Thanks for the laugh.

Short of stealing vast sums of money from client accounts, the Law Society will not do anything.

It's amazing how many people have never made a mistake in their lives. I wish I was so perfect.

Thanks for the laugh.

Short of stealing vast sums of money from client accounts, the Law Society will not do anything.

It's amazing how many people have never made a mistake in their lives. I wish I was so perfect.

In fairness, stealing any sum of money from client accounts and they will get involved pronto.

But overcharging, inefficiency, interminable delays, poor advice...naah.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Just an update in case anyone wanted closure!
    Sent email to solicitor explaining that I would pay after Christmas as I hadn't factored the additional cost into my budgeting. Received a reply today to say there had been a mix-up with invoices while she was away and not to worry about it, no need to pay anything. I thought that was very decent and am happy out now! Thanks to everyone for your time!

Advertisement